Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help!!! I log in dead every time!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avariambush
Player
Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Help!!! I log in dead every time!!! Reply with quote

It started when i picked up a death amulet on the floor and kept it not knowing what it was. Next time I logged in I mwas dead. I finally decided to take the unfair respawn hit and when I log out again and log back in......dead again!!!!!!!! I can't play!!!!
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The death amulet was added to stop people from avoiding the exp/gold penalty when dying by logging out and back in. The death amulet is a persistant token specifically designed to kill the character that has it in their inventory.

Note for all players! - If you die in a group and someone uses a scroll or spell to raise you, then please search for the death amulet and discard it. Even better, discard it in one of the trash containers that are dotted around the world. If you see a discarded death amulet, do NOT pick it up.

Players are asked to refrain from raising someone in the entry area, as this suggests that a player has logged out whilst dead. Please leave this option to PA's or DM's. Please understand this request is purely to stop the exploiting of death. The other option that was briefly discussed (and discarded) was perma-death. I for one would not like to see perma-death introduced to this server simply to combat exploiters.

I have no idea why you would keep logging in dead after taking the penalty unless you have more than one death amulet on your corpse. A death amulet is removed from your inventory every time you take the 'death penalty'. I suggest you take the penalty again and search your inventory thoroughly for death amulets, then discard any you find. Once you have done that, SAVE your character which should overwrite the server copy of your character with one that has no death amulet.

I apologise if this suggestion seems heartless, but the exp penalty is not that harsh. I have taken it myself numerous times since the death amulets were introduced, and a couple of times they were unfair exp penalties due to me forgetting to discard an amulet after being raised. The best advice I can give anyone is... Check your inventory before you log out and remove any death amulets.
Wolf_In_Exile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if I may mention to any others who look at this thread, resurrection now removes amulets automatically. You should have no more problems with dead log-ins unless you left dead.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: