Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News, rumours & gossip.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charissa1066
Server Owner and Designer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz around the Sidonia's School for Adventurers' is that Amberflame Castle is haunted. A ghost has been harassing staff, students, and professors by misplacing things and generally creating a nusiance.

charissa1066 on Flickriver
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING ~ All elven travellers beware.

A recent announcement from the Annakol Guard has revealed that 8 elven travellers have recently been murdered in the Annakol area. A further 3 elves have been reported missing and the worst is presumed.
Experts say that the murderer has relocated from Port City where identical murders were commited.

In each case, the elf seems to have been unaware of their impending peril due to the lack of signs of a struggle. A single strike from a small bladed weapon, possibly a shortsword, was reported in all but two cases (where the victim recievd multiple wounds instead).

Other things of note.... All found corpses were male, but all missing elves are female. Officials are uncertain if this implies there are more than one murderer, or that the killer treats the different genders in differing ways.

Anyone with any information regarding this case (or any crime) is requested to speak immediately to an official. Civilians and travellers are urged to remain vigilant and aware.
charissa1066

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Authorities are seeking information regarding an assault on a young woman that occurred at the Feisty Chicken Tavern.

charissa1066 on Flickriver
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Annakol Mill Stores, located in the Annakol City Slums, have recently become infested with rats....and other things.
Local farmers who use the stores are desperate for the situation to be dealt with by authorities, however, guards seem unwilling to set foot in the streets of the slums. (possibly due to the fact that Mask Goons have adopted the southern half of the slums as their own)
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How quickly the lives of the young can be blighted with unhappiness, the town of Riverbend is in collective shock!

It has long been common knowledge that the fortunes of Imelda Snorbits (nee Woolfhardisworthy) have never been much to speek of and the poor girl has seen those slide much since she married that reckless good for nothing husband of hers ... and now with a child on the way and payments to make on that run down little house down by the riverbank; you know the one, the one that it so often floods!

Still these last few weeks Imelda has seemed so much chirpier, almost like her old self in fact - ever since she received that note from that good for nothing husband of hers!

It seems he was on his way home, he'd handed in his notice with those itinerent elven delvers as he'd 'had a bit of luck' - it was all in the letter he'd sent, news like that gets around!

Algenon Snorbits wrote:
My Dearest Imelda,

I'll be home soon, so very soon now, well before your time. I'll be with you when our baby is born.

And you needn't worry anymore.

I've had a little good fortune, didn't I always say our luck would turn? There's a lot of 'slack time' here while the 'toffs' ponder over the meaning of what we've unearthed so, while those stuck up elfs' are yabbering, me an' the boys we play cards and your clever little hubby has made a bundle!

I've enough to make the last payment on the house, and enough to set us up proper for the baby, in fact, I'll be leaving this dumb excavation just as soon as I've worked my notice - to be honest it's getting a little creepy down here under Esterbury, there's something unwholesome down in the caves and I won't be sorry to be out of it right enough.

I'll be home within the week Sweetums'.

Your Ever Loving

Smoochiface

The poor girl - that letter was dated over a month ago!
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The archaeological excavation of the ancient caverns stretching beneath Esterbury Cloister have ceased following the mysterious disappearance of the famed elfthropologist Tawny Robinsaen and his entire team.

The Seers of the Temple of Corellon have been unable to discern emanations surrounding the event and, consequently, a vigil and readings to the memory of the lost will take place during the hight of the forthcoming full moon.

A number of labourers, mostly humans from the settlement of Riverbend, likely perished with the esteemed academics of Esterbury.

Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word on the streets speaks of foul pirates seeking out the impressionable (or the drunken but otherwise able) to bolster their crew.

Citizens Beware - For the 'Dread Captain Moril' and his seadogs walk ashore in Annakol!

Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Paurik Bitten in the South End Reply with quote

The body of Paurik, the noble defender of Annakols streets, was recovered from the South End Slums earlier today; unceremoniously deposited at the guard house at the entry way by a hooded women dressed in red.

"Then she disappeared right before my eys so she did!" reported Bill Spriggan a veteran of the Annakol Guard.

The cause of death was found to be numerous rat bites, the body was infested with maggots.

A client of Agarly's Boutique stated, "the rat menace on our streets has reached epidemic proportions, it's not safe to walk the streets by the Mill Stream no more. The City Officials just turn a blind eye, they don't do nothing - it's lucky we have those nice Mask people looking out for us around here."

The man, sporting a perm and and pink rinse, refused to give his name.

Mass will be held for the late Citizen Paurik on the eve of the new moon, a fund has been established to meet the cost of his raising and hopes to acheive it's target before the maggots consume any vital organs; all donations to the temple of Tyr.

Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Public Notice Reply with quote

Thank You

.. My warmest regards to all ..

...... who contributed to ......

..... my resurrection fund .....

... I will always endeavour ...

.... to serve Annakol faithly ....

Paurik

*posted at the Temple Of Tyr, City of Annakol*
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three noble adventurers thwarted a cave goblin tribes attempt at building an army.
Alledgedly, the tribe of cave goblins had declared war with a tribe of frost goblins from the Bane mountains.

With the tribe of Cave Goblins now decimated and dispersed..... their army of werebats and crystal golems destroyed.... Lady Sidonia has been reported as saying...
"I just hope that the Frost Goblins are not building a similar army."

With Annakol being a central point between the two warring tribes, local guards have been asked to be extra vigilant.
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Explosion on North Road Reply with quote

EXPLOSION on NORTH ROAD!

Early this evening North Road, in the vicinity of the Fiesty Chicken Inn was rocked by a massive subteranean explosion.

There is no official word on the cause nor any reports of casualties at this time.

More news in our Morning Edition!

Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Cherry Pickin' Thief! Reply with quote

WANTED FOR CHERRY PICKING

A dark clothed man wearing a silver helm seen stealing cherries at midnight from Rigrry Kisto Orchards, Lowland Shire.

"My dog Betssie took a good bite out o' him she did," said Miss Kisto to the Local Shire Ranger, "I gots half his pant see?"

A half pair of human size pants are being held at the Bounders Office as evidence.

Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Under New Management Reply with quote

Under New Management

The (in)famous Fiesty Chicken Inn on Annakol North Road is under new management; but don't worry....

"Lino is taking a short break; he and Miss O'Day are holidaying upon the Eastern Isle," reported acting manager 'Conner Diaz'.

When asked about his relationship to the inns owner Mr Diaz, a dwarf, said, "He's my big brother, Lino was always kind of tall for his age!"

Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: EXPLOSION on NORTH ROAD - Update Reply with quote

No Cause for Concern

No casualties or structural damage have been reported following the mysterious rumbling reported on North Road yesterday evening, ambiguously reported as an 'explosion' by witnesses.

Officials put the disturbance down to a subterranean rockfall in the old mineworkings to the north brought about by the 'dabbling' of itinerent adventures.

A party of such adventurers were seen heading east shortly after the the incident the report note..

Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Chicken Explodes! Reply with quote

Chicken Explosion!

In the early hours Annakol North Road was again rocked by a series of explosions focussed upon the Fiesty Chicken Inn.

Massive colateral damage to the inn is reported where the entire west wing has been blown away; amazingly, few cassualties resulted from the blast.

It is little more than a fortnight since a previous, and now clearly related, incident was reported by the Annakol Gazette; early reports suggest that the manager, Mr 'Conner Diaz', had imprisoned the owner of the inn , Mr Lino Diaz, his staff and a number of his regulars in the cellars below the (in)famous drinking house after smuggling gnomish 'boom barrels' into the establishment with a recent ale shipment.

The dwarf had claimed to be the younger brother of Lino had stated that he was 'looking after affairs' while Lino Diaz and Miss O'Day were holidaying in the eastern isles.

Mr Conner Diaz is understood not to have survived the incident.

A number of 'adventurers' are understood to be helping the authorities with their enquiries and investigations continue.

Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Lino NO Dawarf! Reply with quote

I'm no Dwarf (Claim)

An angry Lino Diaz. proprietor of the (in)famous Fiesty Chicken Inn, was released on bail earlier today following a vicious assault upon a reporter from the Annakol Gazzette.

In a tirade of verbal abuse, during which Mr Diaz threw scorn on the recent rumours of his dwarven parentage, which saw our reporter thrown pysically from the door of the establishment the landlord of the inn, the scene of regular disturbances upon North Road and the haunt of a growing number of 'adventurers', brandished the the leg of a broken barstool like a cudgel.

"How could I be a dwarf? I'm a big boy - ask Fiona!" Mr Diaz claimed; Miss O'Day declined to comment.

"I never saw such anger before over such an innocent question," said our intrepid reporter who suffered a twisted ankle in the fracas, "other than those dwarves I interviewed just before they were hung for shin kicking - I guess it's just in the nature of dwarves!"

Mr Diaz was ordered to pay costs and bound over to keep the peace for three moons.

Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guards from Fountain City were seen in and around Annakol City (and neighbouring towns) enquiring after a gang of orphans who are apparantly wanted for crimes. The guards did not say what the crimes were, but insisted that the children were dangerous and should be killed on sight.
Knowing how odd those Fountain City lot are, the childrens onlty crime was probably being poor. Its a fact that poverty is a crime in Fountain City, but not usually one that warrants death.
Whatever this gang of youths is wanted for, it must be pretty bad.

The gang goes by the name of 'The Wolf Gang' and consists of 3 human boys, a human girl and a brownie female. Local authorities suggest caution if seeing these children, in case they really ARE dangerous.
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Treant High Drama Reply with quote

Speculation is mounting that the unacustomary dry summers experienced throughout sothern Annakolia in recent years are impacting upon our environment.

From Fingar the the north down to the foothills of the bain mountains our historic woodlands are in decline.

This is highlighted by recent reports concerning the death of a treant, the so called 'tree shepherds', in the forest north of Annakol City, following much rumouring among the rural population (and those of a druidic persuasion) in recent weeks.

One report suggests that the ailing treant was 'assisted' in it's passing by a druid of high rank, though this is denied by a spokesman for the Druidic High Council.

"The rumour of the treants passing is mere hearsay, at best, and is a malicious and calculated attempt to draw attention away from the true cause of our declining woodlands," extolled a vehement Grand Master Noggin Wood-Hedgerowson 2nd Arch Druid of the Summer Circle (South Annakol Branch). "It is the wanton distruction of forest land for agricultural purposes and excessive logging activity which is responsible for the loss of our woodlands; the treant population is merely," Grand Master Wood-Hedgerowson continued hesitantly, "withdrawing into the central forest as the perimeter recedes."

"No treant has passed from the world in the living memory of the oldes of the forest denizens and no druid would, nor have need, to 'assist' in ones passing; the very idea is proposterous! The Annakolian Authorities have to realise this unregulated destruction of our wildlands must stop!"

The press office of the Annakol Xylum Executive (the administrative body of the All Annakol Loggers Guild) released a statement denying the allegations of 'overlogging' raised by the Druid Council commenting that, "No sane or rational person believes in treants anymore these days anyway!"

The Annakol City Authority declined to comment though, it is understood, that the Civic Authority of Fingar is 'up in arms' concerning the allegations.

Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Annakol Guard was alerted to an incident where a Human Man and Woman gave a powerful trap to a little girl and claimed it was a toy.
Nobody was injured, and the human adults claimed ignorance to the nature of the trap. Through lack of evidence, the issue was dropped and no prosecution has been made.
However, when interviewed, the little girl who (due to her age) cannot be named, said...
"The man was really mean. He gave me gold and told me to be quiet. Then he said he was going to take me to Tharbad to live with the homeless people there. He scared me. When I told him I would scream, his ugly sister gave me the toy and said it would keep me quiet."
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocking News!

Captain Kylon Lyonset
sailed into Port City earlier today with an intact ship. He still had all his cargo. No passengers had fallen overboard. There had been no pirate attacks on his ship, nor fish-men, hurricanes, tornados, tidal waves or fires for the entire duration of the voyage from Farwest City.
Nobody got food poisoning. The Sails remained intact. The anchor was not lost. The rats stayed on board. Nobody shot any albatrosses and the sun had shone constantly, even to a degree that all the passengers were able to achieve impressive tans.

A local dockworker was reported as saying...
"This has to be a portent of disaster."... at which point he immediately quit his employment and started chanting about the end of the world.

If anyone does not see this as news..... then they clearly have never met Captain Lyonset.
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Temple Tempest Reply with quote

Death and Destruction - Historic South End Death Toll Rises

The streets of Annakol City were turned in to a battleground as a horde of 'adventurers' (so called) rioted spreading mayhem, death and destruction in their wake.

Heedless of the distress brought to local residents the gang, numbering over fifty individuals, traversed North Road foolowing a bout of debaucherous drinking at the Fiesty Chicken Inn before terroising the Annakol City Recreation Park where, it is reported, considerable damage was wrought to both the fishing and to the picnic areas.

Asked to comment Mr Lino Diaz, patron of the (in)famous Fiesty Chicken reported, "You could tell there was going to be some kind of incident, there always is with them,; kept going on about a plague in Barrydale and how all the wells had been poisoned they did".

The gang, screaming obsenities and blaspheming the name of Mask, then continued in to the City itself driving relentlessly, pushing past members of the Annakol Guard, towards the Holy site of the Ancient Temple of Mask in the Historic Olde South End where fierce fighting raged in the streets as contigents of Mask Disciples fought valiently to prevent the desecration and destuction of the historic landmark.

A spokesman for the Ancient temple of Mask said, "They couldn't be reasoned with; casting aspertions and making allegations that the wells of the city had been poisoned by members of the Maskite Congregation. It's despicable - the Temple of Mask is well respected among, and does great work for the well being of, the people of the Historic South End"; civic officials and residents of the South End were earnest in their support of the temple.

In their wake the adventure hooligans left hundreds of citizens, many defending the assault on their temple, shocked, traumatized, injured or dead ... Mrs McGinnties cat is reported to have had kittens over the incident.

There are reports that some notable personnalities from the 'adventure fraternity' were present - even leading the assault and the events have resulted in calls for action by the City Assembly to protect innocent citizens from vagabond and itinerent adventures.

Any information regarding those individual involved in this terrible crime against the citizens and civic ammenities of the City of Annakol should be mad to the Estate of Baron Talanque; there is no need to give your name though there is a reward for any information.

Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Pirate Ship Sinks Reply with quote

The following is copied from a recent edition ot The Tharbad Times

Pirateship Sunk Off Tharbad Bridge

Shortly before dawn a continget of the Tharbad Port Authorits supported by a contingent of the Tharbad Militia, boarded a vessel at anchor off Tharbad Bridge on the Galandar River.

This action was met with strong resistence from the vessels crew; reports speak of fierce fighting aboard the and of a number of casualties among the Tharbadian forces.

During the engagement the crew of the pirate vessel severed the the anchor and attempted to escape to the expanse of the Eastern Ocean but struck the South Shoal Reef and began listing; at this time both companies abandoned ship as it sank rapidly.

Though most of the pirate crew were either slain or captured a number, including their captain, are unaccounted for; citizens are advised to be ware of swarthy seamen wearing eyepatches, ritual scaring or ridiculously fashioned wooden 'peg' legs.

Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flying Human over Farwest

A human male has been seen flying over Farwest city, attached to what appears to be a ships sail. He was last seen being carried by the wind towards Port City.
As yet, the identity of this mysterious man is unconfirmed. However, several witnesses have made claims that his clothing resembled that of a Sea Captain.

We will endeavour to bring you more news as it happens.
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flying Human over Port City

The 'flying human' has been seen over Port City and identified as Captain Kylon Lyonset.
Caught in a particularly strong air current, he is estimated to drift over Elomen before the end of the day (if the wind does not change).
It is a mystery how he came to be attached to the sail which carries him, but an eye-witness said... "From that man, nothing surprises me."
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: A Cold Snap Reply with quote

A COLD SNAP!

The long spell of sunny weather for the region of southern Annakolia came to a sudden close in the late afternoon of Friseday last with a blizzrad blown out of the Bane Mountains which saw Annakol City, Bree, much of the Shire and even the City State of Tharbad covered with a sheet of ice.

The tempertures plummeted so suddenly that a number of people, including some of out more notable citizens among them, frozen where they stood; poor Lino Diaz was frozen like a statue even inside the (in)famous Fiesty Chicken Inn which bore the brunt of the blizzard.

Fortunately, by the luck of the gods, Ra burned hotter than ever on the following morn banishing the ice and, miraculously, restoring those stricken by the ice.

Asked to comment upon rumours that the blizzard was triggered by some mysterious package delivered to the Fiesty Chicken Mr Lino Diaz said, "You can't prove that! I didn't sign fer nothin'!"

Barry_1066

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Fishing Restored -- Halflings sighted Reply with quote

A small group of halflings was spotted cleaning and restocking Elomen fishing pond. It is rumored that the pond was fowled by cow bones, skulls, papers and old bottles due to the demonic activity of an evil cow king plotting to stop the world from eating beef.

Rolling Eyes
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Animal Slaughter Reply with quote

A distraught traveller recently arrived at the Fiesty Chicken Inn has reported witnessing a 'skull headed' human with a flaming sword and a 'sallow skinned' elfen companion running amok in the Forest of Annakol.

The two males were seen savagely slaying all manner of beast and animal with little regard to their suffering leaving the dying creatures to wither and rot.

Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lord Protector Lars Guntfassen of Fingar has imposed 'martial law' upon Fingar and it's environs following a 'disturbance' (sources quote) at the Garrison House.

What this 'imposition' will mean to the local populace is uncertain, however, the announcement was followed, almost immediately, by the public execution of a large number of elven prisoners ... all male.

Shortly after the Lord Protector decreed that all serving members of the Finfgar Militia would be granted an additional days 'leave' for 'rest and recuperation' at the Temple of Aphrodite.

Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man trampled by cattle!

A man was trampled by cattle as he left the Feisty Chicken tavern today. Witnesses identified him as Jimmy Finkle, a local roadsweeper.

"I aint never seen nothing like it." said one witness. "He just stepped outta the Inn and them cows just started stomping."

Authorities have issued the following statement.

There is no cause for concern. We believe the cattle were startled by a small storm and the man just happened to be in their way. This is the first incident we have ever heard of in this nature, and we urge people to consider the improbability of it ever occurring again. The funeral for Mister Finkle will be held as soon as we find all the pieces. Thankyou.
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoooOOOO!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: