Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News, rumours & gossip.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flamecrow
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flying stew!

Recent reports of stew flying around bree and other areas have been confirmed by yours truely. After some research your local reporter found the cause of this sticky situation, namely a gnome with a Cannon.
To quote the gnome in question: "It's not a cannon, no no... It's the Stew Shooter 3013" . In truth however it quickly became onvious that it WAS the Stew Shooter 3013. It was quite a mess, a tasty mess, but a mess. The gnome apparently blew up his loaded Stew Shooter, resulting in stew flying in all directions. So far for the flying stew.

Your local reporter,
Billium Bladium

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weather Forcast

Weather for today, expect showers. Showers of stew that is, also we recommend bringing a helmet when going outside. Your casual umbrella may not cut it with these heavy showers.
Tomorow will be a lvely stewless day with a lot of sun. Hopefully we're up for showers of pies, but that remains to be seen.

Your local Weather Reporter,
Sunnie Dae

If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Island Disaster

A chain of Islands somewhere in the Tharbad Ocean has vanished. Reports first came in of a thick plume of smoke which was witnessed by a passing cargo ship. Later that same day, Tharbad encountered a sudden surge of water and temporary rise in sea level. Fortunately, damage was minimal and there were no casualties in Tharbad, but the occupants of the Island Chain known as the 'Slincas' of which Ferrino Island was the most densely populated, are feared lost. 25 islands and thousands of inhabitants..... vanished from the face of Galandar. A rescue operation has been mounted by a 'Captain Kylon Lyonset' who remarked...
"I have had my fair share of disasters, so I know how to handle these situations. Now, where did I put the anchor?"
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: The Benevolence of Mask Reply with quote

The Benevolence of Mask

A spokesman for the Ancient Temple to Mask, the historic and majestic landmark in the South End of Annakol City, today played down news that a significant sum had been donated to the upkeep and maintenance of the Annokol Orphanage of Saint Marcus in the Shire.

"The House and Servants of Mask have always," the Facilitator to the High Don read in a statement from the temple, "has always striven to bring order, security and peace of mind to our fellows, inpite of the many false allegations made against our Great House. The Aincient Temple to Mask is proud to support the benevolent institute founded to aid the least fortunate children of our Great City."

The spokesman refused to comment upon the size of the donation and the administrators of the Annakol Orphanage declined to comment on the sum stating only that, "a sizeable sum had been received from a benevolent institution within the city."

charissa1066
Server Owner and Designer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Annakol Gazette:
Reports of a brawl at the Feisty Chicken Tavern are greatly exaggerated, according to tavern proprietor Lino Dias.

"It was just a loud concert," he insists.

Other witnesses claim to have seen singing skeletons dressed in flamboyant costumes, tremendous magic explosions, and flashing lights. One woman ran from the tavern shouting, "Undead! Undead!"

An officious-looking gnome said, "Actually, they are the Grateful Undead."

charissa1066 on Flickriver
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Jolly Fat Yule Fellon Reply with quote

Jolly Fat Yule Fellon!

A fellon of some guile is at large upon the streets of Annakol City striking, impudently, in broad daylight and, at times, under the very nose of the City Guard.

The most recent incident(s) occured in the region of Dark Alley on the South End wherein a number of innocents were attacked and robbed whilst shopping for Yuletide bargains; one victim described her attacker as very short, stocky and dressed in red; "he was laughing the whole time too!" Maisy Dickens said.

Shoppers and bargain hunters are warned to beware.

Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickpocket Pocketeers!

Citizens are warned to guard their purses over the festive season; pickpockets are working the streets of Annakol City in force.

The warnings, issued by the Annakol City Guard Office of Information, come after a spate of complaints from citizens - most recently following a 'street brawl' on the South End instigated, it is understood, by an individual or group of (so called) 'Pickpocket Pocketeers'.

It is believed that the 'Pocketeers' staged the disturbance simply to distract the attention of their intended victims in the streets of Annakol City.

Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Parsnip of Saint Marcus

Shrieks of amazement could be heard throughout the Shire today as Farmer Goodfellow harvested his winter yield of Parsnips. One particular parsnip, when uprooted, was discovered to bear a remarkable resemblance to Saint Marcus himself. The vegetable bore such a likeness that the clergy of the temple of Saint Marcus have designated the whole week with the name of 'Parsnip Week' and encourage all halflings to indulge in the 'now sacred' root.

The High Priestess was quoted as saying "They say the root of all evil is gold, but it appears that the Root of all goodness is the parsnip. Saint Marcus has shown us a sign that we are to make parsnip soup and parsnip chips. Maybe we can experiment and see what other things parsnips could be used for. It is a most tasty and under-rated vegetable.... In fact, I just started making some parsnip wine which should be ready in a few months."

The Holy Parsnip of Saint Marcus has been taken to a secret location where it is alledged to be undergoing a process to preserve it for eternity.
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halfling found on Desert Island.

Robinson Shortshanks, a recently rescued halfling, tells his tale of seven years stranded on a desert island with nobody for company.

So, Mister Shortshanks. How did you come to be stranded on the island?

"When the ship sank, I was forced to cling to a commode so I could stay afloat. I remember the undercurrent was strong and kept trying to pull me under, but i kept a tight grip on the wooden commode and eventually found a current which brought me to my island."
Describe the island life for the readers.
"The Island was very small indeed. I know that if there had been more castaways than myself, we would have had trouble with food rations. But as it was, I soon discovered the island was blessed with a freshwater spring and an adequate supply of blackberries and a strange tree which grew edible nuts larger than my head."
How was your emotional state?
"After a few weeks of being on the island, I had to accept that I may never be rescued. It was then that I decided to cut down a few of the dead trees and built a shelter. Seven years ago, the shelter was just a simple room with a roof. Over the years however, I had added a shower, dining room, balcony, three bedrooms and a crude kitchen. I even managed to install my commode and built a patio with a hammock that faced the sunset."
What was your 'lowest' point? Was there any time that it all felt futile?
"I still remember 'that' day I went out to collect berries, nuts and water. Seven years of being alone on that island, and my only companion had been my home which I had shaped and nurtured. I returned from my foraging to discover that my home was in flames. Nothing survived. I even lost my commode."
How did that make you feel?
"As you can imagine, I just got down on my knees and started telling the gods what I thought of them. My one comfort, and they had seen fit to take it away from me. I was livid. Absolutely livid."
What did you do without your home?
"Well, as it turned out.... I was rescued that night. A passing ship had seen the flames from my burning home and came by to see what was wrong. So, all you readers... If something happens that seems to be the end of your world.... just be aware that it could very well be the start of something wonderful."
Fascinating.
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger Loose in Port City

A performing Tiger escaped its handler in Port City Arena earlier. It ran amok for a short while before being re-captured. Although injuries were at an amazing minimum, the incident threatens to raise the whole debate on whether wild animals should be allowed into heavily populated areas.
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasts in Port City and Shire
One arrest is made!

Six recent explosions were reported in Port City and the Shire. Five of these explosions revealed a single letter, and the sixth placed all five letters in order by spelling G.O.L.E.M.

After some investigation, one arrest has been made by Gnomar Police, and more arrests are expected.

As yet, there has been no official explanation as to who this group are or what their demands are, but we are led to believe that one of the prime suspects is Professor Blackmantle of the Gnomar Golemworks. We managed to speak to two individuals who know Professor Blackmantle.
Professor Henthar Shpenthar, the leading Professor at the golemworks, stated. "This investigation is most perplexing. It doesnt seem his style. The Golemworks will assist in the investigation of course. This incident has nothing to do with the golemworks."
Miss Scarlet Pumpernickel, Professor Blackmantles secretary, simply claimed "I have just returned from abroad, so I have not been witness to the Professors schedule. I simply could not comment further."
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERIL of the WEREWOLF!

The cost of wolvesbane rocketed yesterday following panic buying by frightened citizens as rumours of the werewolf stalking Annakol City were confirmed.

As supplies of the anti-lycanthropic herb dried up officials of the Annakol City Council urged the populace to remain calm in the face of this crisis and issued assurances that the Civic Authority would stop at nothing to eradicate ths threat to society adding that further supplies of wolvesbane had been secured from the Port City of Tharbad.

The earliest reports of the Wolfman centre upon North Road close to the infamous Fiesty Chicken Inn where a man, claiming to be a 'Professor of Lycanthropy' by the name of 'Roe Amiil Tallik', summoned a lupine form before the eyes of the gathered congregation of Our Lady Mielikki; the vile deseased ridden creature was banished from the Temple by High Priestess Jania.

Following several other reported sightings all citizens are warned to be on the lookout for signs of the 'Wolfman' who has the audacity to walk openly among us spreading the knowledge of his abominable desease.

While this threat to our safety persist all citizens and visitors to our town are are advised to keep hounds upon a tight leash, so dire is the threat that a famed werewolf hunter has been commisioned to lead the hunt.

Swearing to root out the abomination the Wolf Finder General vowed, "I will rip the heart from the body of the beast and burn the canker in our midst before the very Gates of Hell", shortly prior to attending a civic welcome reception in his honour.

Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Terror on North Road!
Once more the Howls of the Werewolf were heard upon North Road.

Nigh the old abandoned mine behind the (in)famous Fiesty Chicken Inn, the scene of so many disturbances, the vile beast was seen lurking as the alarm was raised by a passing woman travelling to the City of Annakol.

Chased by the Guards of the North Road Garrison the beast was hunted down and believed slain in the vicintiy of Dunhill Farm where the blood of the beast was found.

Though no body has been found, nor any trail from where it is reputed to have fallen, the reports deny that this was the same creature known as 'Tallik' seen previously sparking fears that this creature may have been recently infected.

Citizens are warned to beware for a menace may walk amongst us.

Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Annakol on High Alert Reply with quote

Annakol Guard on High Alert
The Annakol Guard and all support arms were placed on the highest alert in the early hours of the morning followint several reported sightings of a enormous 'wolpine' creature upon and around Annakol North Road.

Alfie Simmons, veteran of the Annakol Reinforcment Regiment, said; "It appeared out of nowhere it did an' stared right at me, stood right in front of me it was; I gots it's slobber all over me boot's! Then it ran, ran like a rancid wind it did!"

Following previous sighting citizens are, once more, advised to beware for the wolfmen may walk among us...

Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assault in the Temple of Tyr

The Temple of Tyr in Annakol has been robbed and one of its clergy severely assaulted. Alymer of Annakol is said to be resting and recovering after his ordeal.
It is unclear who the hooded attackers were, as they did not speak or reveal any distinguishing features during the incident. The only witness to the crime was the victim, and he has laid claim to being unable to offer any description other than they were "Three burly Humans with hooded cowels and clubs."

The last person to see Alymer before the attack was Carol Smee, the cleaning lady. When questioned, she made the following statement.
"It's a horrible, horrible thing to happen to such a lovely, lovely man. It makes you think though, don't it. It could happen to anyone."
When asked if she saw anything suspicious, she replied...
"No, I didn't see nothing. Mister Alymer wanted to close the temple for the night as he had a hard day. He said he had a headache and just wanted some rest. Who could do such a thing to such a loevely, lovely man? Beat him within an inch of his life, they did. All for some old tapestries and a few coins. It's shocking! Shocking!"

Further questioning of Alymer reveals that it was a simple robbery and that he believes he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. His closing statement was that he is eager to return to work, and that he will be praying for the return of the stolen tapestries.
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOUNDLING

The authorities last night made an appeal to the public of Annakol City for information which would help trace the mother of a foundling child abandoned in the doorway of the Annakol Orphanage of Saint Marcus in the Shire.

The boy babe, having a shock of platinum blond hair, is thought to be about a year old and is of human parentage; the child was near frozen when found by staff at the orphanage at around 3am, "it's a wonder he survived,"Millicent Oakleaf declared.

The City guard launced an immediate search of the area but no sign of the erstwhile mother was found. "How a mother can be so uncaring beggers belief," said Sinjon Rivers, Sergeant-at-arms.

Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G.O.L.E.M. strikes again!

An attack on Prince Emrys' personal wine cellar has brought the notoriety of the group who call themselves G.O.L.E.M. back into the news. A callous and unprovoked incident which left the wine cellar reportedly 'devastated' and destroyed many barrels of vintage wines belonging to the Prince, the attack has raised questions about Fingarian security.

Fortunately, the Princes home recieved no structural damage and there was only one minor casualty. The guard who discovered the explosive is said to have recieved superficial wounds comprising of a widespread splinter infestation of the upper torso and the loss of eyebrows and facial hair. Mildly traumatised by the event, the guard merely made the following statement...
"I dont even like wine."
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** inbound scryemail +++ source code: Tharbad Tribune - please copy +++ authorisation :zeta-sigma-18-3001 +++ scryessage integrity: confirmed ***

LOOSE CANON INCARCERATED

Following the apprehension of the notorious bard Canondal Lieberowski, known commonly simply as 'Canon', in the seedy harbour quarter of Port City by agents of the TIA the fellon has been sentanced to life inprisonment; the sentence to be served at the high security penal facility under the jurisdiction of Farwest City.

Master Meeban Browne, spokesman for the Mage Council stated that the arrest had been carefully planned and that the broken limbs and crushed fingers suffered by the former bard had resulted from his fall from a second story window during the criminals attempts at escape.

Master Browne denounced the rumour that the bards hands, legs and feet were magically tethered at the time as pure malicious scandlemongering and warned that any determined guilty of spreading such untruths would face the wrath of the Council.

It is believed that the Bard Canon was arrested and sentenced some weeks ago and that he has already been transported to the island penitentiary of Blackstone Prison.

*** scryessage ends ***
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halfling Mystery

A small proportion of Halflings from across Galandar are packing their belongings and leaving their homes for an unknown reason and a mysterious destination. Amongst those leaving are 3 families from the Shire, 2 archaeologists from Arkhams Miskatonic University, 4 Yondalla clerics, 8 orphaned human children, a nomadic druid, and a male and female halfling who describe themselves as 'twin cousins'!?
The instigator of this 'exodus', a Mister T. Shacklefoot, gave a public statement.

"I cannot tell you what this is all about at this time. Nor can I say where we are all going. All I can safely say is that I, Trubbel Shacklefoot, am about to reveal something amazing to the world. I will put the name of Shacklefoot into the history books, and I will become the richest halfling ever to grace your lives."

The statement went on to tell of some rather questionable tales of heroism before Mister Shacklefoot joined the other halflings upon a small ship and set sail.
His rather spurious departing statement was....
"You missed your chance Meadowlark. This ship has sailed!"
AthenaMeter
DM
DM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DESERTER CAUGHT, CHARGED WITH PIRACY
by Scoop Stevens

Anton Warnecke, one-time ensign in the Port City Merchant Marine and self-styled "Count" of the Free Republic of North Gnomar, has been captured and is being held in the Port City gaol on charges of desertion and piracy. Warnecke was turned over to Port City authorities by wealthy shipping magnate Rupert Malavhan, who collected the 10 million gold piece bounty. The hefty reward had been placed on Warnecke over two years ago when it became known that he was in charge of a band of pirates working from a base somewhere on the northern coast of Gnomar Island. Warnecke's band of thugs and cutthroats are known to have taken at least 40 vessels in that time, leaving no survivors.

When asked how he'd managed to capture Warnecke, Mr. Malavhan chose to offer no comment. Mr. Malavhan's spokesman, Mr. Cooper, however, said that a number of Mr. Malavhan's hired agents had facilitated the capture. When asked if there was any truth to the rumour that Mr. Malavhan's daughter had been kidnapped, Mr. Cooper emphatically denied the claim. He said Miss Malavhan was safely visiting relatives and was not, nor had ever been in any danger from pirates.

Officials in Gnomar, when asked to comment, stated they knew nothing of any pirate activity, and laughed at the idea of a "free republic" on any portion of their island.

Port City Constable Milles Turnow acknowledged Mr. Warnecke was incarcerated in his gaol, but would not comment on his state of mental or physical well-being, stating that nobody in his care received more or less than they justly deserved.

Mr. Warnecke's trial date has not yet been set.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barry_1066

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their Majesties Executed! Emrys Takes Crown!

Prince Emrys ascended the throne making the shocking announcement that King Tarach and Queen Fina were executed. “Finally the Kingdom is rid of my treasonous sister and her commoner husband” King Emrys stated in his first words from the throne. “I, King Emrys, First Born of Cariadoc and rightful Heir to the Throne, declare the memory of my black hearted sister and her husband shall die.
Barry_1066

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Port City High Priest of Tyr Crowns Emrys!

“Finally justice is done!” High Priest Balsom Vonrondin intoned. “Now, with King Emrys on the Throne, we can cleanse the land of the scourge. Rumors that the former high priest and paladins have been reassigned away from Port City could not be confirmed.
Barry_1066

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half-Orc Refugees Pour In From The North

Many Refugees, fleeing from the North pass into Southern Annakol, many with tales of death and killing of whole encampments of Half-Orcs. Others tell of the Half-Orcs being chained and driven in lines to unknown locations. Rumors of Fingarian-North Annakolian troups patrolling the Dark forest, capturing Elves, Brownies, and such, and doing the same as with the Half-Orcs.
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half-Orcs expelled from Fountain City

Half-Orc residents of Fountain City were dismayed to discover they were exiled and their businesses and wealth confiscated. Many of the Half-Orc exiles tell tale of extreme brutality from Baroness Zoes guards during the expulsion, and of missing family members who alledgedly never left the city.
The homeless camp outside Fountain Citys gates has also experienced several patrols, and any Half-Orcs found there have been arrested and imprisoned.
The Eastern Island Half-Orc refugee situation seems to echo the sudden incidents in North Annakol, with Baroness Zoe making no public statement as to reasons for this action from her troops.
charissa1066

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baron Talanque Takes Stand

In a move that some would say is treasonous, Baron Talanque publicly refused to swear fealty to King Emrys. The King's emissary was sent back in disgrace. Lady Sidonia lent her powerful support to the Baron's stance. "It's only treason if he [Emrys] were the king," She said. "The rightful heir to the throne would be the offspring of their Majesties."

charissa1066 on Flickriver
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Students and Tutor Tragedy

Elomen Library Officials have been saddened to announce the freak demise of an entire class of 'human history' students and their tutor. Credited to 'Ball Lightning', this incident has been explained as a mortifying natural disaster.
The room in which they were studying apparantly burst into flames amidst a brief electrical storm. The only exit was blocked by a fallen bookshelf, and all windows were sealed shut and incapable of opening. Not only has the library lost all the students from that class and their devoted tutor, but many ancient, unique and irreplacable texts on Human History were also destroyed.

The safety standards of Elomen Library are now in question, and parents of the deceased elven students are said to be appalled and disgusted that the windows would not open.
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widow Maker Mirkwood Makes Widows Yet Again!

News of the 'Death of the Widowmaker' was greeted with cries of delight by residents of Lake Town thankful that they may, once again, ply their trade with Western Annokolia through the, formerly treacherous, paths of the Mirkwood; the hardy group of adventurers known as the 'Annakolia Expeditionary Society' were handsomely rewarded for their efforts.

Joy, however, quickly turned to despair as first one and then a second 'trade caravan' failed to return to Lake Town - or even to emerge from the western edge of the dread woods of Mirkwood.

A 'new evil' is said to have filled the vacuum left by the 'Widomaker of Mirkwood' some even claim that the Widowowmaker herself has returned now more powerful, more full of hatred and deadlier than ever before.

Hushed whispers at the Tips Slant Tavern even suggest that the 'Widowmaker of Mirkwood' may never have fallen at all.

RoAnnon
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MALLORY ARRIVES IN ANNAKOL CITY
By Scoop Stevens

His Grace High Priest of Tyr Mallory, formerly assigned to the temple in Port City, recently arrived in Annakol City with his entire staff, it was confirmed today. Reports from Port City had hinted that Mallory had been reassigned when Emrys was crowned King, but those reports were never confirmed. Sources inside the Annakol City temple have confirmed that Mallory and his entire staff are resting comfortably in apartments set aside for visiting clerics, after their long trek. Reports that the entire staff of the Port City temple had been arrested and detained in the jail there have not been confirmed, nor have been reports that the King had intended to execute them. Attempts to get inside and question Mallory directly were unsucessful.
It’s all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, ya understand
RoAnnon
DM
DM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TARRACH AND FINA LIVE!!!
"Executed" Royals Take Up Residence in New Palace

By Scoop Stevens

Contrary to reports from Port City and Tharbad, Their Royal Majesties King Tarrach and Queen Fina escaped the assassin’s blade and have moved into the safety of their new castle on the west side of Annakol City. The Royals have not yet made an official appearance, but rumours have quickly spread of an upcoming address by the King to the people of the City.

The castle was constructed in secret, under the watchful eye of Lady Sidonia Amberflame. The entire project was reported to the citizens of Annakol City as “repairs and remodeling of certain abandoned and lower-rent shops and apartment flats”. Entrance to the castle is on the west side of the city, just south of the orphanage.

How the King and Queen were able to survive their purported “execution” has not been made clear, but reports of a group of knights escorting Their Majesties to the new Royal Castle have been heard. Such reports, however, remain unconfirmed.

The appearance of Their Majesties in Annakol comes just days after High Priest of Tyr Mallory arrived unexpectedly with his entire Temple Staff. Morale in the City has been boosted by all of the recent events, even though the merchants of the region are still feeling the pinch of lost trade and closed ports.
RoAnnon
DM
DM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAX MUSEUM BURGLED
by Scoop Stevens

Madame Ludmilla’s Wax Museum suffered a break-in several nights ago, it has been announced by the City Guard’s Office. Madame Ludmilla was not available for comment, but a member of the museum staff has confirmed that one exhibit appears to be missing. The staff member could not place a value on the missing artifact.

Officials are seeking a shifty looking character who witnesses saw fleeing the scene. Descriptions given by the duty-minded citizens who reported the incident vary, but seem to match the description of a fellow also recently seen in and around the new Royal Castle. Guards at the Castle had seen a sneaky and shady looking fellow skulking about the castle grounds, and only later realized that he was not one of the work crew who had completed their tasks earlier in the day. By then he was gone.

An unnamed source in the City Guard’s Office hinted that investigators may be focusing on finding a local bard known as Canon, who has some history of purloining artifacts. Canon is still wanted in connection with the theft of several priceless items from the Tharbad Mage Council’s hall. Reports that Canon had been captured and shipped off to Blackstone Prison seem to have been false. Authorities at Blackstone report having no record of the miscreant ever arriving there, and further avowed that anyone that HAD been incarcerated there would still be there. As one Blackstone Guard stated “Nobody escapes from Blackstone!”

Annakol City Guard Captain Paurik asks that anyone having any further information on the missing artifact, the sneaky fellow seen in the vicinity, or the whereabouts of the bard Canon to please contact the nearest City Guard official.
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Royal Rendezvous

At Dawn this morning, the Baroness Zoe of Fountain City arrived at King Emrys' castle with an impressive entourage of guards, servants and footsoldiers. It was reported that she had a large supply of luggage, indicating that her visit may not be a brief one.

At noon, one of the maids from inside the castle reported that the Baroness was at present enjoying a sumptuous first course of a rather large banquet made for two. The maid furthered her report by claiming that she had heard rumor that the Baroness' visit was not purely business, and that in fact she was having secret liasons with the King of a personal and romantic nature.

At the moment, the nature of the King and Baroness' relationship is unconfirmed and merely alledged. However, the possibility of two such powerful and influential individuals is not a rumor which is being taken lightly by many of King Emrys' enemies.

In a slightly premature twist to this story, a potter, Mrs Gladys Milton of Fingar, has announced she has come out of retirement and spent her life savings upon copyrighting the production of King Emrys and Queen Zoe wedding mugs and teapots. She is busily making a stock in preparation for the possibility of the event, and is optimistic that by cornering the market she will finally become a wealthy noblewoman.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: