Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gods on Annakol and the Galandar world

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry_1066
Server Owner and Designer
Server Owner and Designer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Gods on Annakol and the Galandar world Reply with quote

Gods on Annakol in the Galandar world -- Additional Information:

NOTE: Edited from the DM discussion version for general player information.

My first concern is over the over emphasis of Tyr.

Tyr is the main lawful good god of Farerun, or so I have been told. Tyr is NOT the main lawful good god of the Galandar world – Benthar is. Tyr was chosen as a focus of an early campaign in which Charissa and I introduced the Fist of Tyr. I have no problem with diluting the integrity or viability of Tyr by having Tyr actually be the source of the Fist – although this has never been established. I am going to remove the Good PC from death resurrection out to the temple of Tyr. This proves a problem – the place it SHOULD be put is in the temple of Benthar but I cannot due to the fact the Benthar temple must be entered from the door in the location one will return to. If spawned in that temple one cannot get out. This is why, until now, the temple of Tyr has been the location of that respawn – however in light of events it cannot stay there, MUST not stay there and i have made some changes in the Benthar temple to accommodate this change.

It should be noted that Tyr is a human exclusive god – yes some half-breeds such as half orcs have followed Tyr but elves, even half elves would never.

All races in principal follow Benthar but only Humans again in practice with some half elves perhaps – maybe even half orcs if enlightened if that is possible. Benthar is the lawful god of Galandar and is far more powerful than Tyr – in fact, Ra is far more powerful than Tyr. The ruination of Ra resulted in his weakened state after toppling Dark Moon – he was unable to protect his followers at that vunerable time and dark forces destroyed his temples and killed all his followers. This destruction he has never recovered from – but may yet.

Concerning Hobbits and their gods:

I found an overemphasis of St. Marcus worship and decided a need to strike some balance. I redesigned the Green Dragon Inn to have Yondalla’s temple and made three new PCs who worshiped Yondalla. I also centered the Pony Rider campaign with the Green Dragon and Yondalla as my PCs Goddess with lots of references. This has done a lot to shift the one sided St. Marcus view of halflings.

It should be noted, however, that St. Marcus, for halflings, IS a major god, unlike Tyr (on the Galandar world and mythos).

It has been some time now since this was done for the halfling gods and a balance has been achieved -- i am only writing this to illustrate that Tyr is not the only concern i have had.

Why is Tyr so over emphasized? –
    1) Tyr is familiar to those playing Faerun games.
    2) It is easier to use the familiar than to learn something new
    3) Benthar is unique to RoA

Footnote:
It should be clear that the Tyr followers are among those who plotted to overthrow the two royals and helped in or were involved in assassinations including their own. There is no way to assure such taint is not infecting the temple in Annakol nor is there any assurances that Tyr is not behind it all.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: