Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sidonia's IV -- Where do we go from here?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Sidonia's School for Adventurers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charissa1066
Server Owner and Designer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Sidonia's IV -- Where do we go from here? Reply with quote

There has been some discussion about where Sidonia's current class will go from here. I wanted to clear the air and share my thoughts with you.

Actually the first Sidonia's campaign went over a year. With Sidonia's II & III, I was under the impression that the players and characters were ready to move on. Thus the idea that Sidonia's campaigns went one year evolved. I think it would be fun to have Sidonia's II and III reunion parties. Smile

Rather than looking at the real life calendar I like to look at where the characters are at. There a number of things these characters still need to accomplish, both as a group and individually. Listing those here would be a spoiler.

That said, I don't want to hold the players back, if most of you want the campaign to end sooner we can work that out. Personally, I would like to see this class of characters go on. At this juncture in the campaign, adding another character to the current cast would be a possibility. Someone could be easily worked in IC.

I really enjoy DMing this group and am disappointed when I must miss a session.

Any of your thoughts are appreciated.

charissa1066 on Flickriver
flamecrow
DM
DM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm voting for keeping the current characters and just continueing for a good long bit. You know the saying, it ain't over untill the pretty bard stops singing *grins*
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
AthenaMeter
DM
DM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that. I'd like to keep going with the current class.. additions are always welcome, the more the merrier. Speaking of which.. I want Barrin and Jaahk back.

sincerely,
Athena
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tampamac2002
Player Administrator
Player Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, Very Happy I get to keep singing.

Wait, Shocked
Does that mean I can't sing anymore when class is over? Sad

And speaking of agendas, when do I get to save the fair maiden?
I mean, isn't there at least one damsel in distress that needs saving? (Besides foxy ladies that rub your nose when you do them a solid.) Wink
Barry_1066

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charissa and I have no plans on graduating this class. You bumbling misfits have managed to loose yourselves for years, cause plainer rifts and disturbances in cosmos -- finally, you have set fire to or blown up multiple towns and villages along your path.

Sidonia will think you need more instruction I am sure and then there is the next trouble you will get into and the excessive long period of disappearance perhaps *grin*

This class seems to have a knack for it or to coin a new term, a Ribbly.

So unless you are all itching to make new characters, we will stay with these.

Quote:
And speaking of agendas, when do I get to save the fair maiden?

What about the princess saved from the Green Shogun?
flamecrow
DM
DM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wasn't wearing pink when he saved the princess, so she wasn't interested *grins*

And for the record: I was forced into outer space, at no point did I willingly enter the code on that device or shot it with a lightning gun, or with fireballs, or otherwise toyed with it. Unlike some of my fellow students.
Beside, we are in no way failures... we have unearthed the biggest scientific discovery since toilet paper! It's all about how you bring it *grins*

But yes, we may need some classes in ehm... how to board an enemy vessel and not die while trying. Embarassed
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
Barry_1066

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamecrow wrote:
He wasn't wearing pink when he saved the princess, so she wasn't interested *grins*

And for the record: I was forced into outer space, at no point did I willingly enter the code on that device or shot it with a lightning gun, or with fireballs, or otherwise toyed with it. Unlike some of my fellow students.
Beside, we are in no way failures... we have unearthed the biggest scientific discovery since toilet paper! It's all about how you bring it *grins*

But yes, we may need some classes in ehm... how to board an enemy vessel and not die while trying. Embarassed

yes yes guilt by association.
tampamac2002
Player Administrator
Player Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*looks at the leaf in his hand*
Somebody invented toilet paper?
*angry, tossing leaf aside, digging a book out of his pack*
Why am I always the last to know these things?

Cool Oh Yeah! I did save a princess, didn't I.

And about that idea to pirate a spell jammer, I would have done it different, but did anyone ask ME?

No, just lets go jump on that ship full of mind flayers. *crosses arms over chest* Hmmph!

Ps.... NO PINK!
gamma zero
Player
Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To freely admit it, I have expected Sidonia´s IV to end with the beginning of the new year / the return to the Amberflame castle. So, a new character concept has been formed and now I´m somewhat itching to get it on the way *coughs*. However, I assume there will be a Sidonia V class sooner or later. I´ve proven multiple times in the past that I can wait for christmas eve to open the presents so I can safely say that I think I can wait for Sidonia V to play that character Smile

Then there´s always the the problem that the formerly funny behaviour of characters become running gags and I´d really want Ribbly to be memorized as "the little guy who blew it up (whatever it might have been *G*)" and not as "the little guy who blew it up (see above) until everyone was fed up with it".

Adding to that is that I don´t think that I really want to play with a pet golem. Sure, Ribbly is a golem maker but the job describtion is really more like: engineer, at least in my book. I´m just not warming up to the idea of having to control the golem, myself AND roleplay in between. So the fact that he´s a golem maker lvl 6 without a golem is more a good thing than a bad thing.

Like I said before, the new concept can wait, but should this group continue (and I´m not against it!), it would be nice if we could find some workarounds for Ribbly´s character.

My, I should read through the forum more often ^^
Jaahkh'yll
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd vote to continue if I had a vote to vote. Wink

Oh. Btw. I'm online again. Razz

Disclaimer: The anacronym "Btw" is used in lieu of the phrase "fair warning" Razz
AthenaMeter
DM
DM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaahkh'yll wrote:
Oh. Btw. I'm online again. Razz

YEA *cheers at the top of her lungs*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barry_1066

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do cats get votes? *watches one tiny paw and one great huge paw raise* well they have their paws up.
charissa1066

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Jaahk! Very Happy

charissa1066 on Flickriver
Anders Soth
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have to admit I'm starting to see Saul as a bit one dimensional and think he may have peaked with his reckless attack on the space pirates.

However, the campaign itself is still really good and I think the story lines have loads of potential yet so I'd be reluctant to start from scratch with low level characters.

Maybe those of us who'd like to try new characters could have them introduced into the storyline somehow at the appropriate XP level to see if it has a positive or negative effect on the campaign, possibly returning to our current characters if it has an adverse effect. Saul started to consider a career as a mercenary last time so maybe that's what he should leave for.

All of that said I'm perfectly happy to continue with Saul if the general consensus is to keep things as they are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jaahkh'yll
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, due to ...
My amazing good fortune I had to not lose all of my files...
FC having apparently very little to do with his Saturday mornings....
My being awake before the sun also rises...
FC's faster email client than my IM client...
FC being relatively clever with those bic file things...
FC's fabulous patience when I send him the wrong bic file...
Gilior has managed to return from his .. ah.. yearlong.. umm.. mating hunt. Yeah. That's it.

Thanks FC![/b]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Sidonia's School for Adventurers All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: