Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Griefer - The Ninth Council Meeting of this season

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Musings of the Realms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flamecrow
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Griefer - The Ninth Council Meeting of this season Reply with quote

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notes: The citadel of Griefer lies on the far west coast, away from most of civilisation. In the past Griefer has had a good deal of trading, but over the years that has died out for a good deal. Griefer is occupied by gypsies and the ilk, traveling types. Due to the lack of trade they have gotten poor, barely able to support themselves.
    //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Council had gathered in her tower, as so often was the case. Only this time it was different, there was a clear sense of discomfort among all of them, clearly what they were discussing was of great importance.

Her violet eyes slowly drifted to the next speaker, an older gentleman by the looks of it. He started to speak with a voice of authority, though she sensed his fear clearly.

What has the crown ever done for us? Well? Tell me, because if you ask me they care nothing for us.

A younger woman replies in a low voice:

But... there's a new crown now, it may be different.

The old man glares at her, and adds gruffly:

And what to think about the slave trading?

A young man of elven heritage jumps up and answers quickly:

Seems to be a lucrative business if y'ask me, I've heard the new King...

He glances around the room questioning for a moment, then continues

Whatever his name was again... pays a hefty price for half-orcs.

An older woman rises from her seat, eyes flash over the others and settle on the man who just spoke.

You'd hand over another living soul for money, boy?

The young elf shrugs.

I ain't a half-orc, are you? If not, why should we care.

Another man stands and adds:

He's right, times're changin'!

The low voiced woman stands again

And we can set up some good trade relationships with this new King... I heard he's really cute too!

A few of the women start discussing the looks of the king in detail among themselves, stressing the point that he's single, powerful, wealthy AND handsome. And, even if he isn't handsome, he'd still be single, powerful and wealthy.

A broad man in armor clears his throat, silencing the others

Let's not forget that this king pays a good deal for good soldiers, some of us would be able to enlist, and bring in large sums of gold. That has to be better then trying to sell some meager things to whomever happens to pass by here.
Let's face it, we're not in the capital of the world here. More likely we're in the middle of nowhere.

The crowd seems to mostly agree with the last speaker, some more loudly then others. He continues:

Then what is it that is keeping us here? Some stones and wood that we call houses? We have our tents, our wagons. We do not need stone houses, stone houses are for the common folk, those without a heart for the open road. For the cityfolk, for the weak... are we weak I ask you?

A shudder seems to go trough the crowd at the very thought of what was just suggested. Everyone seems to glance towards the door out of the tower at once, as if looking for new horizons.
She still stands quietly, beholding the scene unfolding before her. Her grip on her staff seems to have tightened somewhat over the course of the discussion. Her head lowered slightly while her left wing hangs a tad. Though the change in her entire pose had changed but an inch, any who would have looked her way would have seen a hint of sadness reflected within it.
But no one looked, they were too busy dreaming of gold, glory, new places to see. Their minds were already on the open road, following new horizons.

An older man stands and speaks slowly

I believe we have come to a mutual agreement then? Just to be sure a vote is in order.

The crowd seems to awake from their daydream and everyone looks at the older man.

Who wishes to leave the citadel behind, and get back on the road?

It seems as all raise their hands. The older man glances over it with a sense of satisfaction.

That should be a clear vote then, let's pack up and leave as soon as all are ready. We have a long road ahead of us!

Still she stood there, her other wing hanging slightly aswell now. She watched them rush out, like children after the rain had stopped to pour, ready to play outside again. Her violet eyes closed for a moment.

Once all had left, she opened her eyes again. To her surprise an old elven woman had stayed on her seat, looking up at her. She fixed her piercing eyes on the woman, almost as if trying to glance her out of her tower. But the woman stayed where she was, unmoved by the glance.
She almost seemed to enjoy the look and with a hint of a smile she started to speak.

I remember the old days, long ago... when you would look at any who walked in here with that exact same look. I remember how surprised we were to find someone here, and such an unusual person to behold. We made our home here regardless, despite that look of yours. We had grown weary of traveling, but it seems...

The old woman releases a sigh

...You can take a traveler of the road, but you can never take the road out of the traveler.

The old woman smiles amused

But you know all of this already of course, I do not wish to waste your time. I just wanted to thank you, for your good care over the years.

The woman smiles and walks out slowly

A deep frown had formed on her forehead during the conversation with the woman. Words went through her head, "when we came". She pondered deeply, and even sat down for a moment, something very unlike her.

Was I... always here?
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
flamecrow
DM
DM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notes:
    A long time has passed since the council meeting. Griefer has been abandoned and reoccupied by half-orcs. The Templar has been missing since.
    //---------------------------------------------------------------------------

She stood on a high mountain top, around her was nothing but snow, nothing but thin air surrounding her presence. She seemed to be meditating, or perhaps sleeping while standing upright.
Suddenly her eyes flashed open, the piercing violet of her irises getting smaller as her pupils dilated. Her eyes slowly moved towards the skies, then back to the ground before her feet. Her blackened wings spread out somewhat, revealing a large blade strapped to her back. Her staff was strapped to the blade in such a way that her wings could move freely.

As her eyes fixed on the horizon she could feel that something had changed, the balance had been altered somehow. The feeling seemed familiar, as if she had experienced a shift as such before. This shift left her with mixed feelings. It was clear that the shift was caused through evil, it was caused by an evil power. Yet at the same time, the grand design seemed to be better under it, not worse. As if it had been out of balance, searching for some way to re-balance itself.

For a moment she thought about the feeling the shift gave her, trying to recall the events that had left her with a similar feeling. Her efforts were largely in vain. She knew she had felt it before, she knew it meant a change in the greater order of things, yet she did not know how she knew this, or why. Or where she had felt it before even.
All she knew was that it was important and that it made sense, even though she could not explain it.

If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Musings of the Realms All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: