Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Level adjustment reduced illithid character request...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omera
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Level adjustment reduced illithid character request... Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure if I can request this, or where even, but I have a good story for why an illithid wouldn't be evil (I would also like his level reduced as they are +7).
A long time ago, an illithid by the name of Xissirith (his full name is much longer but harder to pronounce, and he prefers to be called Xiss) fought in a battle against of sorcerer. The illithid slew the sorcerer, but the sorcerer managed to cast a spell that cursed the illithid to realize the cruelty of the illithid race. This separated the illithid's mind from the elder brain. The other illithids soon found out and he was exiled.
charissa1066
Server Owner and Designer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Annakolia omera!Very Happy
I look forward to meeting you in game.

Thank you for submitting your character idea. The usual process for submitting special characters is found on this forum thread: http://jubilatores.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1675

Meanwhile, I encourage you to play a standard character and get a feel for the world. I will forward your character submission to Flamecrow.

charissa1066 on Flickriver
Feather
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To apply for a special character, please send a private message (via the forum) to Flamecrow, who will pass it on to the administration staff.

Admin staff take into consideration a players experience on the server. If you can include any player characters that you have played, that will help the admin staff with their decision.

Welcome to RoA!
omera
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the server named annakolia spelljammer in the RP category?
Feather
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The module name is Annakolia CEP
omera
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks. Since I'm not one for playing multiple characters and end up not playing more than one, leaving the others abandoned, I think I'll wait and see if my character application gets approved. If it doesn't I'll still try a standard character or apply for a different race. The thing I like about spelljammer is that it's a huge universe with many cultures, which increases the chance for unexpected characters to exist (including a good illithid).
mkmddx
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omera wrote:
Okay thanks. Since I'm not one for playing multiple characters and end up not playing more than one, leaving the others abandoned, I think I'll wait and see if my character application gets approved. If it doesn't I'll still try a standard character or apply for a different race. The thing I like about spelljammer is that it's a huge universe with many cultures, which increases the chance for unexpected characters to exist (including a good illithid).

You should try what we already have... it's amazing what trouble a human can get into the world as it is!
omera
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm missing what I think is cep2_anna2.tlk (or cep_anna2.tlk I forget) but I'll just download the whole hak set in 1 rar, even though I thought I downloaded all of them separately.
mkmddx
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of times it is automatically placed in the hak folder.

Explore your hak folder and you can drag it to your tlk folder for a quick fix.
omera
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it to work.
RavenOfDispersion
DM
DM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, omera. Welcome to Annakolia.

I'll list several interesting topics that may help you at knowing more this server.

At THIS link, you'll find RoA Ettiquette and Server Rules. It's always important to read this.

THIS post is also interesting. There, you'll find a list of some of the communities that exists on Annakolia.

I also suggest THIS post. It contains helpful character creation guidelines.

Also, I think you would like to create a standart character to learn more about the server. My suggestion is that you should play at the Happy Hour at the Fiesty Chicken.

I hope seeing you online, and that you have fun with us.
Raven
I was spawned uncounted aeons ago, in the dark mists of Khhaa'yngnaiih, of nameless nightmare parents, under a gibbous moon (...) I remember that on the night it finally exploded we all slithered down to the beach to watch.
mkmddx
DM
DM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omera wrote:

Typically, administration would like to observe a player in action as a standard character for a period of time, say 3 to 6 months, before even considering special character requests. There is a lot to learn in the world of RoA and it takes about that long to get the concepts behind the most frequented areas.

That said, personally, I would be hard pressed to agree upon an illithid special request given the context of this world.
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, I need to echo what mkmddx has said.... in so much that, I cannot see any of the admin approving an illithid character for a few months (until we have witnessed the players gamestyle and that they have an understanding of Annakolia)

Secondly, Spelljammer is a server which is used for testing scripts before they appear on the main server. It 'should' be locked most of the time. It was there that many of the things which have been added to RoA were beta-tested before inclusion (or indeed, exclusion).

Thirdly, Illithids DO exist on RoA. I should know, because I added them. These Illithids do not follow any of the preconcieved ideas that you may have of their race. They do not dwell in dark places, build homes, and there is no sign of an elder brain... though of course, this does not mean it does not exist 'off-screen' somewhere.

When you come to Annakolia, admin request that you drop all your preconcieved ideas gained from other worlds. Those worlds are not Annakolia, which operates under its own structure. This is why admin ask players to gain a feel for the world before plunging in with 'special characters'.

some examples of preconcieved ideas which do not fit in Annakolia...
a) Drow are not inherently evil here. In fact there is a community of 'Good' drow who dwell on the surface.
b) The Pantheon is a myriad of carefully selected deities from various sources, and many are different to their namesakes whom you may have encountered elsewhere.
c) The clergy of Tyr are split, with two different factions who have completely different ideas of what is lawful and what is right. The main faction of Tyr is tolerant of races but intolerant of unlawful behaviour, whilst the 'Fist of Tyr' has some ideas that some of the subraces such as half-orcs are to be hated and outlawed.
d) Some cities have ongoing wars with other cities, such as Lathine and Fingar. Some communities shun outsiders completely, such as a reclusive halfling village which was named after a rather brilliant individual from the RoA admin team Wink.

I can not envisage any city allowing an Illithid through their gates. Nor can I foresee an Illithid fitting into a group very easily without a great deal of confrontational roleplay initially. That may seem unfair, but it is logical. I have a goblin druid character who has, over time, gained the trust of a few locations such as the Feisty Chicken Tavern and the Guards and Merchants of Annakol City. However, as a general rule, I avoid cities with him (especially Port City where he stole a shiny orb, and an ancient Elven Library where he bit a librarian).

Finally, re your question on a psionic class for RoA.... One of the admin here, at my request, was working on a psionic class which would be acceptable on RoA. By this, I mean a psionic whose abilities do not intrude upon other characters, as that could be seen as CvC/PvP. I do not know the current state of progress with this project. Nor do I know whether, when completed, it will be actually usable on RoA as it would need to be approved (and probably tweaked).
Therefore, my suggestion to you would be.... rather than concentrate on what RoA does NOT have, try to focus on what it DOES have and play with that. The server owners have spent a lot of time and money to build the server to what it is, and it is constantly changing to THEIR vision of how it should be. The entire admin team are the best in their fields, and I may be slightly biased because I regard them as some of my closest friends, whom spend a lot of their free time to make the world playable and welcoming for both the regular players and the new. A special character is 'application only' because admin need to estimate its impact upon the regular player base and the server. After all, without the regular players, RoA would be nothing.

I sincerely hope you can find something on RoA to interest you, but frankly... if you are set upon playing an Illithid in the next few months, then you may be best seeking a different server.
Barry_1066

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good letter HH -- that about covers it. I would see such a character as instant attack just like a werewolf -- pitch fork and torch time.

I actually think the goblin Grovel and the kobold Ka'tee are much more likely to be accepted since they are KNOWN exceptions to such creatures' hostility and Lady Sidonia has her own personal friend/servant Peleg who moves about and would not be a good idea for any guard to attack --

Lady Sidonia would get angry if the guards attacked and the guards would be most throughly dead in short order if they attacked. Rolling Eyes Wink
AthenaMeter
DM
DM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay Pelig *cheers for the french kobold*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
omera
Player
Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kobolds happen to be my second favorite monster race. How likely is it that I'll get a neutral good kobold approved? I had a background for one...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: