Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Hated' Races
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
charissa1066
Server Owner and Designer
Server Owner and Designer


Joined: 04 Aug 2004
Posts: 4410

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to a certain little bird, you know who you are, Wink city guards in Port City, Annakol, and Far West are smarter and stronger. Twisted Evil

They are a bit dumb when it comes to babies, parasols, and fans though. I recommend that visitors to cities sheath their swords, put away bows, and put any babies in backpacks.
_________________

charissa1066 on Flickriver
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Olias Stormcrow
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 489

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark-Soul wrote:
Olias Stormcrow wrote:


True, Anarielle did show mistrust rather than outright hatred for Valas. She was told to stop stereotyping the drow by a half dragon humanoid with blue wings and an animated corpse of her husband as a battle companion, if I recall correctly. Someone who she had previously helped without question.

No CvC without DM supervision should apply especially if the player is also a DM.


*coughs* MISTRUST!!!!!!

I quote "Why don't you crawl back into the hole you crawled out of...."

That I believe was Anarielles second sentence for Valas, Mistrust? I think we need to re-evaluate your idea of Mistrust or at least Anarielles lol

And the CvC was a joke.


Like I said, mistrust. If she had showed hatred to Valas she would have killed him on sight, not told him to crawl back in the hole he crawled out of.
_________________
Regards,

Olias
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nazo



Joined: 01 Oct 2004
Posts: 218
Location: Alabama, USA (GMT-6, DST) - don't listen to stereotypes!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fear my deadly skills with a baby! I can kill someone instantly with one (unfortunately, the someone is probably the baby. *sigh*)

Anyway, glad to know that much realism has been added. I do hope it won't mess up factions any though? Lol, this engine is a terrible pain about that sometimes. Ideally, the guards should be able to attack whoever or whatever they want without the people getting involved unless the faction status drops REALLY low (0) for the person being attacked. But, I don't know if you can actually do that or not. The main thing I worry about is one being set as friendly and the other becoming hostile causing the two to fight each other over the person walking around with an unsheaved blade. Honestly speaking, I'm not brave enough to try myself to see. ^_^


Last edited by Nazo on Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Laine Keiko



Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 194
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*walks up to guard with baby out*
GUARD: put your weapon away!
*fumbles around, trying to stuff baby into pack*
GUARD: I said, put your weapon away!
*tries harder*
GUARD: I won't tell you again, put your weapon away!
*panics*
*runs*
GUARD: I warned you!
ME: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
*fumbles maniacally to put baby into pack*
*thwap*
*dead*
_________________
Believe in the ideal, not the idol
http://lainekeiko.bravehost.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dha'Kron
DM/Contributor/Designer
DM/Contributor/Designer


Joined: 22 Aug 2004
Posts: 166

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olias Stormcrow wrote:
Flmngo should play a Bard. Wink

Are you saying Ash isn't a bard...? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dha'Kron
DM/Contributor/Designer
DM/Contributor/Designer


Joined: 22 Aug 2004
Posts: 166

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laine Keiko wrote:
*walks up to guard with baby out*
GUARD: put your weapon away!
*fumbles around, trying to stuff baby into pack*
GUARD: I said, put your weapon away!
*tries harder*
GUARD: I won't tell you again, put your weapon away!
*panics*
*runs*
GUARD: I warned you!
ME: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
*fumbles maniacally to put baby into pack*
*thwap*
*dead*

*falls over laughing* Laughing

Anyway op topic... glad to hear about the guards Charissa, should be interesting Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alcor
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 6219
Location: Welcome to the Nightmare...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sighs*

I refer you to This Thread where donations to the Annakol Orphanage fund will be even more gratefully accepted! Sad

_________________
-:Alcor:-
"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"
Amy Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Flmngo
DM
DM


Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Posts: 495
Location: Southwest Ohio, still technically a Southerner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Flmngo should play a Bard.

Are you saying Ash isn't a bard...?


No, but I play one on TV... Laughing *wipes away tears of laughter*

I know, I know...it's the singing sword of death that's got you confused.
That - and my rock star physique. Cool

--Flmngo
_________________
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - The Hobbit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Olias Stormcrow
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 489

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flmngo wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Flmngo should play a Bard.

Are you saying Ash isn't a bard...?


No, but I play one on TV... Laughing *wipes away tears of laughter*

I know, I know...it's the singing sword of death that's got you confused.
That - and my rock star physique. Cool

--Flmngo


I thought it was the fact he wore foppish clothes. Wink
_________________
Regards,

Olias
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Olias Stormcrow
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 489

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be worth placing some notices on the city gates about the new rules regarding bearing arms.
That way the unwary (those who don't visit the forums, or new players) don't find out the hard way.
_________________
Regards,

Olias
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flmngo
DM
DM


Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Posts: 495
Location: Southwest Ohio, still technically a Southerner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought it was the fact he wore foppish clothes.


No, not Ash. Tyrin is the fop.

Hmmmm, Tyrin as a bard. Wouldn't that be interestin'.

--Flmngo
_________________
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - The Hobbit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nazo



Joined: 01 Oct 2004
Posts: 218
Location: Alabama, USA (GMT-6, DST) - don't listen to stereotypes!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do agree you should put up a warning like that, I should point out that the guards do give a warning (well, I haven't tested this, but, if they don't they should.) So the hard way isn't too bad.

EDIT: I was bored, so, I drew my weapons in front of a guard. He said something to the effect of "Please put your weapons away," I did, and then he said "Good." Lol, anyone more brave than me can feel free to test just to what extent their tolerance goes, but, I don't have enough XP to keep dying or I'll loose my last level again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Laine Keiko



Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 194
Location: USA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^_^ three strikes and you're out, Nazo...
_________________
Believe in the ideal, not the idol
http://lainekeiko.bravehost.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
charissa1066
Server Owner and Designer
Server Owner and Designer


Joined: 04 Aug 2004
Posts: 4410

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laine Keiko wrote:
*walks up to guard with baby out*
GUARD: put your weapon away!
*fumbles around, trying to stuff baby into pack*
GUARD: I said, put your weapon away!
*tries harder*
GUARD: I won't tell you again, put your weapon away!
*panics*
*runs*
GUARD: I warned you!
ME: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
*fumbles maniacally to put baby into pack*
*thwap*
*dead*
ROFL *wipes tears from eyes*

Ok...any scripters out there who could get the near-sighted guards to ignore babies, parasols, and fans? Barry says he thinks it's possible, but he's not sure how to do it.
_________________

charissa1066 on Flickriver
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nazo



Joined: 01 Oct 2004
Posts: 218
Location: Alabama, USA (GMT-6, DST) - don't listen to stereotypes!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a good scripter, so I'll just say how I think it might be possible and you can just ignore me if it's all a pile of crap. I presume that the way it works is that it checks to see if you have something equipped other than certain things such as a shield (at least, I assume so, maybe someone should put on a shield and see if they say something. If they do, just copy and paste the shield code for the other stuff.) What I'm thinking is that after the script discovers you have something equipped, it could then actually check your equipment and compare against a "safelist." You'd have to manually put in the IDs for each of the safe things in there mind, but, I think that it would be possible -- just a pain.

Where is the code for that anyway? I'm not a good scripter, but, I can always look. Sometimes all one needs is a fresh perspective.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flmngo
DM
DM


Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Posts: 495
Location: Southwest Ohio, still technically a Southerner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nazo wrote:
Quote:
maybe someone should put on a shield and see if they say something. If they do, just copy and paste the shield code for the other stuff.)


Tyrin saw a certain blue, winged female, who shall remain nameless, equiping and unequipping her sword just to get a rise out of the guard in Annakol. However, she was wearing her sheild the entire time, and the guard didn't seem to mind that - just the sword.

Just trying to be helpful. Very Happy

--Flmngo
_________________
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - The Hobbit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Laine Keiko



Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 194
Location: USA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flmngo wrote:
Tyrin saw a certain blue, winged female, who shall remain nameless

Twisted Evil better remain nameless.... ^_^ and i had dm supervision, by the way...er.... that is to say.. *cough*
Flmngo wrote:
a certain blue, winged female, who shall remain nameless
did...
_________________
Believe in the ideal, not the idol
http://lainekeiko.bravehost.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Olias Stormcrow
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 489

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on amending the code for the guard script so that all mothers can safely walk the city streets carrying their young ones without fear of deliberate acts of violence from the guards.
By the way, it also seems that the guards aren't music lovers as you can be attacked for carrying a guitar/harp/other musical instrument. They must have heard Burk and Te'ik singing.
_________________
Regards,

Olias
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dha'Kron
DM/Contributor/Designer
DM/Contributor/Designer


Joined: 22 Aug 2004
Posts: 166

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olias Stormcrow wrote:
I am working on amending the code for the guard script so that all mothers can safely walk the city streets carrying their young ones without fear of deliberate acts of violence from the guards.
By the way, it also seems that the guards aren't music lovers as you can be attacked for carrying a guitar/harp/other musical instrument. They must have heard Burk and Te'ik singing.

It's all part of the limited breeding law in Annakolia, there will be no new "spawns" without explicit government permission, violators to this sacred law shall be killed on the spot and their illegal offspring as well.
As for the singing... yeah... can't blame them after Burk and Te'ik traumatized them like that... people have gone psycho over less... Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flmngo
DM
DM


Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Posts: 495
Location: Southwest Ohio, still technically a Southerner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olias wrote:
Quote:
They must have heard Burk and Te'ik singing.


BTW - who was the snarfin' DM that gave Te'ik a chance to buy a new lute? Evil or Very Mad I couldn't believe my ears!

Especially after we all went to the trouble of cutting his strings, breaking the new set, distracting him with a shiny gem, and finally getting him to sit on his own lute. Gheesh! Very Happy

--Flmngo
_________________
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - The Hobbit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
charissa1066
Server Owner and Designer
Server Owner and Designer


Joined: 04 Aug 2004
Posts: 4410

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dha'Kron wrote:
As for the singing... yeah... can't blame them after Burk and Te'ik traumatized them like that... people have gone psycho over less... Twisted Evil
No....no.....anything but that! *falls to ground writhing and covers ears* Not the singing half-orcs! Twisted Evil
_________________

charissa1066 on Flickriver
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
charissa1066
Server Owner and Designer
Server Owner and Designer


Joined: 04 Aug 2004
Posts: 4410

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flmngo wrote:
Olias wrote:
Quote:
They must have heard Burk and Te'ik singing.


BTW - who was the snarfin' DM that gave Te'ik a chance to buy a new lute? Evil or Very Mad I couldn't believe my ears!

Especially after we all went to the trouble of cutting his strings, breaking the new set, distracting him with a shiny gem, and finally getting him to sit on his own lute. Gheesh! Very Happy

--Flmngo
Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Someone's going to have to accompany him on his shopping excursions.
_________________

charissa1066 on Flickriver
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
the ktulu
Player
Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 186
Location: Iceland baby, land of the ice (not joking, I live there...)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laine Keiko wrote:
*walks up to guard with baby out*
GUARD: put your weapon away!
*fumbles around, trying to stuff baby into pack*
GUARD: I said, put your weapon away!
*tries harder*
GUARD: I won't tell you again, put your weapon away!
*panics*
*runs*
GUARD: I warned you!
ME: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
*fumbles maniacally to put baby into pack*
*thwap*
*dead*


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

fell over laughing Very Happy Very Happy
_________________
The sword is stronger than the pen.
I checked!!


-the ktulu Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Olias Stormcrow
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 489

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't laugh. They really were that bad.
_________________
Regards,

Olias
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the ktulu
Player
Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 186
Location: Iceland baby, land of the ice (not joking, I live there...)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well at least we have gm's on annakolia who saved the baby!
_________________
The sword is stronger than the pen.
I checked!!


-the ktulu Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad that was fixed. Burk would go crazy if a guard tried to hurt his baby!

Daaah Burk get mad now. RrrraAAAagh
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Olias Stormcrow
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 489

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can soon add something back in if Burk starts singing to the guards. Wink
_________________
Regards,

Olias
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group

Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson (http://www.eddingschronicles.com). Stone textures by Patty Herford.