Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible newb with some questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Welcome!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Molpadia
Player
Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Possible newb with some questions Reply with quote

Hi!

I was just searching through gamespy when I noticed this server and decided to have a little look at the forums. I like the server I play now as it has good rp but almost like 99% of the people playing there are americans so they all play my night time and I long for some people to play with that are on european evenings.

I like what I have read so far, so I have a few questions:

Is true seeing changed here so it doesn't let you automatically see people in stealth? I really don't like the unnerfed trueseeing as it sucks the fun out of being a rogue-like character.

Are Avariels (winged elves) allowed as a subrace here, and if they are would it be possible for a newbie like me to get one?

I noticed some greek/roman names on the deities and since I'm a huge fan of greek/roman archaeology, I love it, but are these deities the same as the ones in the greek/roman mythology or are just the names used?

And also there are some really cool heads in CEP 2.0 or 2.1 I think that I cant seem to find override files for to let me choose them on creation. Is it possible for DM's here to change a characters head once I am in game? I know it can be done because I had it done on my current server.

And who made the banner for the website http://www.annakolia.org/? I absolutely love it! Webdesign is my hobby and I'm a sucker for good fantasy art.

And I'm sure I have many many more questions to come but this will do for now Very Happy
Barry_1066
Server Owner and Designer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible newb with some questions Reply with quote

Molpadia wrote:
Hi!

I was just searching through gamespy when I noticed this server and decided to have a little look at the forums. I like the server I play now as it has good rp but almost like 99% of the people playing there are americans so they all play my night time and I long for some people to play with that are on european evenings.

I like what I have read so far, so I have a few questions:

Is true seeing changed here so it doesn't let you automatically see people in stealth? I really don't like the unnerfed trueseeing as it sucks the fun out of being a rogue-like character.

Are Avariels (winged elves) allowed as a subrace here, and if they are would it be possible for a newbie like me to get one?

I noticed some greek/roman names on the deities and since I'm a huge fan of greek/roman archaeology, I love it, but are these deities the same as the ones in the greek/roman mythology or are just the names used?

And also there are some really cool heads in CEP 2.0 or 2.1 I think that I cant seem to find override files for to let me choose them on creation. Is it possible for DM's here to change a characters head once I am in game? I know it can be done because I had it done on my current server.

And who made the banner for the website http://www.annakolia.org/? I absolutely love it! Webdesign is my hobby and I'm a sucker for good fantasy art.

And I'm sure I have many many more questions to come but this will do for now Very Happy

We have European players and Euro friendly game times.

We have a body tailor that allows you to select ALL the CEP 2.1 heads for your character, change skin, hair, and tattoo colors and much more. You need not use any overrides, you can completely customize your character in game yourself easily.

We also have a clothing/weapon/armor/cloak/helmet/shield tailor which is easy to use and gives you full access to all possibilities to craft and apply looks to anything you buy or find or make from scratch.

The Greek and Roman Gods are basically the same, however they fit in total into the rest of the pantheon.

I should also point out at this time - we have some 25 custom classes - some of these are quite elaborate and all are interesting, greatly expanding the role play and variety in the world.

Athena made the website banner and much of the other art as well.

No the true seeing is not nerfed -- although some, including my son Wolfgang, who is a DM on Annakolia want true seeing to not function in such a way as to see those stealthed - i do not see changing this for this is how i perceive true seeing to actually work. True seeing does not just see invisible -- that is a separate spell -- true seeing reveals what is hidden. I have played D&D since the release in the mid 1970s and this is the why we have perceived and played true seeing. One can see into multiple dimensions with true seeing.
charissa1066

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Molpadia. I hope to see you around.

charissa1066 on Flickriver
RavenOfDispersion
DM
DM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Annakolia, Molpadia.
I was spawned uncounted aeons ago, in the dark mists of Khhaa'yngnaiih, of nameless nightmare parents, under a gibbous moon (...) I remember that on the night it finally exploded we all slithered down to the beach to watch.
AthenaMeter
DM
DM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Annakolia, hope to see you in game.

sincerely
Athena
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tampamac2002
Player Administrator
Player Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone answered this for you, but the winged elf I think is a no go. I have not seen any characters utilizing wings, except for Dragon Disciple. You are able to fill out a character request form if you are interested in creating a really, really unique character, however, usually, a player needs to play on the server for a while so the DM's can get a feel for the type of player you are before granting special requests.

Hope this helps, and by the way, WELCOME. Very Happy

Tampamac
Player Admin
Optimist Prime
Player
Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Aboard !!

Optimist
Molpadia
Player
Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible newb with some questions Reply with quote

Barry_1066 wrote:

No the true seeing is not nerfed -- although some, including my son Wolfgang, who is a DM on Annakolia want true seeing to not function in such a way as to see those stealthed - i do not see changing this for this is how i perceive true seeing to actually work. True seeing does not just see invisible -- that is a separate spell -- true seeing reveals what is hidden. I have played D&D since the release in the mid 1970s and this is the why we have perceived and played true seeing. One can see into multiple dimensions with true seeing.

There is no change on this I suppose?
Barry_1066

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From D&D PHB 1st edition (my first and primary authority for Annakolia):

Quote:
Explanation/Description: When the cleric employs this spell, all things within the area of the true seeing effect appear as they actually are. Secret doors become plane. The exact location of displaced things is obvious. Invisible things and those which are astral or ethereal become quite visible. Illusions and apporitions are seen through. Pollymorphed creatures becomes visible, so that the cleric is able to know whether they are good or evil or between.

Although shadow dancers did not exist when this was written, the implication is most obvious -- they would be clearly seen. This is not some strange interpretation -- this is straight from the pure D&D that we (my family) have played since first publication in the 1970s.

I think this:

Quote:
Invisible things and those which are astral or ethereal become quite visible.

Sums up the argument -- since one in shadows might be considered dimension walking - it is far more than just shadow hiding if you read the 3.5 edition players HB on the subject. This, if for no other argument, can be said to be a DM call and I am calling it -- True seeing sees shadow walkers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Welcome! All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: