Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows Vista and NWN:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Welcome!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry_1066
Server Owner and Designer
Server Owner and Designer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Windows Vista and NWN: Reply with quote

Windows Vista and NWN:

Quote:
Author Sticky: Issues and solutions running update 1.69 under Windows Vista
Craig Welburn
Live Team Programmer

A few common issues have been coming up for Vista users running the 1.69 update:

1) After clicking "Play" on the launcher (nwn.exe) the game does not run.

Solution: Right click on nwn.exe and select "Run as administrator". Alternately you can right click on nwmain.exe and choose "Run as adminstrator" as well.

2) The "Test Module" feature in the toolset doesn't launch the game.

Solution: When running the toolset, right click on nwntoolset.exe (or nwn.exe if you run it through the launcher) and choose "Run as adminstrator"

3) The game crashes when trying to bypass the intro movies by clicking the mouse.

Solution: Disable the intro movies entirely by editing the following setting (or adding the setting if it doesn't exist) in the game's nwn.ini file.

[Display Options]
Disable Intro Movies=1

Solution 2: Some people have had success bypassing the intro movies using the space bar instead of the mouse.

4) Game runs slower or is choppy when running version 1.69 (this issue is not specific to Vista, but is listed here for completeness).

Solution: Change the following setting in your nwnplayer.ini file. The file should be located in the folder that you installed Neverwinter nights to (where nwmain.exe resides).

Client CPU Affinity=-2

Set it to -2 (minus two) as indicated above to turn off CPU Affinity.

[updated as per The_Krit's suggestion]

Craig.

Blaze
Player
Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a different problem. At times I only get little squares on my talk bar when trying to type. Sometimes it happens in the middle of typing and sometimes as soon as I start to type. I have to log in and out to fix it. At first I thought it was me hitting something as it is a new computer and therefore new keyboard but now I am thinking it is Vista. Anybody seen or heard of this before?
Mairie
DM-Apprentice/Player
DM-Apprentice/Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a language/keyboard setting problem. Or something is very wrong with your fonts.

What country/language settings does your computer use? All in english by default? It's the only thing that does come to mind at this time..
flamecrow
DM
DM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not 100% sure, but next time try to press Ctrl and Shift at the same time when it happens and see if that fixes it. I remember that being the quick way to change keyboard modes on my old desktop. It took me a while to figure out how to get it fixed, short of the loging out and in again that you mentioned.
I am not sure if that's your problem, but I'd say it's definitely worth a try as it's likely one of the easiest possible fixes.
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
Blaze
Player
Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mairie wrote:
Sounds like a language/keyboard setting problem. Or something is very wrong with your fonts.

What country/language settings does your computer use? All in english by default? It's the only thing that does come to mind at this time..

Yes, set to US English.
Blaze
Player
Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamecrow wrote:
I am not 100% sure, but next time try to press Ctrl and Shift at the same time when it happens and see if that fixes it. I remember that being the quick way to change keyboard modes on my old desktop. It took me a while to figure out how to get it fixed, short of the loging out and in again that you mentioned.
I am not sure if that's your problem, but I'd say it's definitely worth a try as it's likely one of the easiest possible fixes.

I'll have to try that. Thanks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Welcome! All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: