Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tharbad is near Bree, but you knew that. Laughing

Barrydale is on a different island which was added after that map was made. There is a map for the Eastern Island which I am looking at right now.... but unfortunately i dont have a scanner so I cant send it. I will endeavour to arrange sending a copy of the map via pigeon-post if necessary to someone who can either host the maps or, even better, compile them into a working world map.

Arkham...that is also on a different part of the world which is not included on that map due to the fact it was added at a later date. I have never had a map for Arkham, but suffice to say it is near Farwest,.... (which again is not on the map) *sigh*

Basically.... that is a map for the original part of Annakolia. Things have progressed so far since that map was made, that it is in effect fairly obsolete now. It works fine, but you can wander off the edges in all directions now and still find places.
There is the Eastern Islands of Roseberry & Sanctuary. Gnomar is somewhere nearby, but slightly north of there and is a seperate island also. Not to mention the fabled garden of Shainya which is alledgedly located somewhere off the coast of Sanctuary.
Then there are the Southern Seas with some other islands. Port Skull and the jungles.
Also to the west of that map, you can reach Alisha island with its capital city of Farwest.... which also houses Halfling heaven village and the nearby Arkham.
Tharbad, that should be slightly to the east of the boundaries of that map.
Also, there is Wooddew and the snowy villages which are somewhere in or off the Bain Mountains but are not included upon that map.

Anyway..... I thought Tsu was the mapmaker!! Great mapmaker if he doesn't know where Tharbad is. Razz *rasp*
Bud E
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. Tsu knows where Tharbad is and how to get to Arkham. You go to Tharbad and catch a ship. Where the ship goes... well that is another matter. Laughing See Tsu hasn't really left the main area around Annakol. Except for Barrydale and Arkham. As for some of those other places well Bud may have been shipwrecked there with Capt Lyonset at the wheel!

I wasn’t thinking of a detailed Rand McNally kind of thing just the major areas. And it could be out of scale and such. Lets face it Tsu doesn’t have GPS. There could even be places that were wrong or left out.

Maybe a whole map isn't a very good idea but if someone says they are going to say Barrydale it would be nice to know if it was NSE or W from Annakol. By the same token there are a number of cities, bigger than Annakol, that Tsu has been to that aren't on the map as you mentioned. Maybe a less detained map with general areas and the major cities/towns. Just my $.02 worth.
Greatcloak
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*studies map* So... the boat from Elomin to Durin... is a river barge? I thought it was a trip directly across a lake, with Zambonis island in the middle....
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the map is not to scale
Jaahkh'yll
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyril looks to Anel: "There are places beyond Elomen and Tharbad?"
Anel looks to Emory.
Emory says nothing.
Jak shrugs. "Don't ask me. I been following a pack of dwarves since I got here."
Greatcloak
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greatcloak wrote:
*studies map* So... the boat from Elomin to Durin... is a river barge? I thought it was a trip directly across a lake, with Zambonis island in the middle....

Halfing Heaven wrote:
the map is not to scale

I don't think scale is the problem... according to the map, between Elomintam and the lake you need to sail across to get to Durin, lies an entire mountain range.... and Durin. The lake, is on the other side of the city. I thought the ship docks of Elomin were supposed to actually be on Lake Durin. By the map, it's not even a really feasible route by river barge, unless the elven ships use a massive underground river that runs below the mountains... or, it's an airship.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greatcloak wrote:
By the map, it's not even a really feasible route...

You know those elven mapmakers they can get places you can only dream of - they go tell you there's an easy to climb mountain pass and when you get there you find it's a 6 inch wide path of fresh fallen snow, lightly packed with a 4000 foot precipice on either side. They're dead comical those elven mapmakers! Razz

Also remember the gate into Elomen in the forest is precisely that - a 'gate' - who knows just where the portal drops you?!! Shocked

Barry_1066
Server Owner and Designer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Alcor -- yes -- the gate to the city is a gate.

The trip is across a lake and zamboni island in the middle of the lake.

You do not KNOW where the city is on the map except that you do know it is on the eastern portion of Durin lake, somewhere. The site of that city is hidden and restricted. You do not even know for certain if the ships leaving are ported to Durin lake from elsewhere. Elomen City site is a secret and a mystery. It is secure from attack in all respects and shall remain so. All attempts to locate it on a map by humans and others have failed.
charissa1066

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greatcloak wrote:
You are correct, GC. The ship at Elomin is across a large lake, Durin Lake. It's approximately the same size as Lake Michigan, about 250 miles long and 60 to 70 miles wide. Samboni does live on an island. Unfortunately, the NWNs engine it's difficult to portray the duration of a ship voyage without a DM.

Btw, big lakes can have storms and high waves that rival the ocean. In fact, there's been lots of shipwreaks in the Great Lakes. One in particular, theEdmund Fitzgerald is a particularly famous, mysterious and sad one. People claim to have seen the ghost of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

The Ferry from the Shire is a trip down the Forest River to the Galandar River and then to Tharbad. Tharbad is off the map.

charissa1066 on Flickriver

Last edited by charissa1066 on Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud E
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry_1066 wrote:
Thank you Alcor -- yes -- the gate to the city is a gate.

The trip is across a lake and zamboni island in the middle of the lake.

You do not KNOW where the city is on the map except that you do know it is on the eastern portion of Durin lake, somewhere. The site of that city is hidden and restricted. You do not even know for certain if the ships leaving are ported to Durin lake from elsewhere. Elomen City site is a secret and a mystery. It is secure from attack in all respects and shall remain so. All attempts to locate it on a map by humans and others have failed.

*points finger* thats not true see it's right here. Oh wait that is the port to get into Eomen in the middle of the forest. But Durin is right here. *points finger* Oh wait that is just the entrance to the cave area. Blasted magic portals and caverns! They really make map making hard.

I just was wondering what the relative direction of major cities were.... Not start a discussion on the metaphysics of worm hole travel and magic gates... Just so if I came from say Arkham I could say from the south or whatever. The ship travel makes it hard on “relative” direction is all.
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud E wrote:
I just was wondering what the relative direction of major cities were.... Not start a discussion on the metaphysics of worm hole travel and magic gates... Just so if I came from say Arkham I could say from the south or whatever. The ship travel makes it hard on “relative” direction is all.

Arkham lies in the same general direction as Farwest (Alisha Island), both are reached by a journey in to the seas north of Port City - often with accompanying shipwreck.

Tharbad is a 'semi autonomous' City State at the mouths of the Galandar River to the distant SE of Annakol City and has connections with the Southern Empire.

Durin and Elomen lie, as accurately as one can tell, to the 'south west' of Annakol City and sem to lie within the 'mountain fastnesses' north of the Great Southern Empire.

The Great Southern Empire lies to the south, and the south west, and to the south east, and the the very deep south - It's very BIG is that Great Southern Empire!!

The Eastern Isles and Gnomar are both reached by sea in a very similar easterly (for Gnomar slightly northeastery towards the end of the voyage) direction.

Port Skull and Kalrist lie in the Southern Oceans far to the south of Annakola.

Most of the other 'known' locations can be placed in their general 'locale' upon the existing map through exploration and extrapolation.

Further beyond the confines discussed ...

"There be Dragons!" Shocked

bv6
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Character, of course, it would be difficult to conceive of such distances or directions - or to obtain any kind of accurate map - especially considering the leathality of the regions involved. Wink

However, OOC - this information is extremely useful. As a new player, with little experience of Annakol, I'm finding it quite difficult to come-up with convincing background stories for my character.

They will inevitably be challenged by other players' characters that are more worldly-wise.

(Though I do thank my erstwhile guides, who are attempting to remedy that situation! You know who you are!)

While I understand that such a map can be used for the dastardly purposes of meta-gaming - one that includes the new places of interest would also be very helpful - OOC.

And I'm not saying they should include every last detail - after all, it's the prospect of making new discoveries that helps light-up the place.

Junus was very excited when she recently discovered Nif - all on her own (although she was walking in totally the wrong direction at the time)!

So a new map would sure be helpful.

(Although I rather think Barry has better things to do - I note in particular his sterling and ongoing work to update the areas and scripts on the server!)

MADAGASCAR featuring Ben Stiller and some Penguins
Bud E
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bv6 wrote:
In Character, of course, it would be difficult to conceive of such distances or directions - or to obtain any kind of accurate map - especially considering the leathality of the regions involved. Wink

However, OOC - this information is extremely useful. As a new player, with little experience of Annakol, I'm finding it quite difficult to come-up with convincing background stories for my character.

They will inevitably be challenged by other players' characters that are more worldly-wise.

(Though I do thank my erstwhile guides, who are attempting to remedy that situation! You know who you are!)

While I understand that such a map can be used for the dastardly purposes of meta-gaming - one that includes the new places of interest would also be very helpful - OOC.

And I'm not saying they should include every last detail - after all, it's the prospect of making new discoveries that helps light-up the place.

Junus was very excited when she recently discovered Nif - all on her own (although she was walking in totally the wrong direction at the time)!

So a new map would sure be helpful.

(Although I rather think Barry has better things to do - I note in particular his sterling and ongoing work to update the areas and scripts on the server!)

Ah but the question is if she found Nif did she go up the bean stalk? *rubs hands together kind of evil like and chuckles*
bv6
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willoughby certainly would have gone up the Bean Stalk and subsequently have become some Giant's equivalent of a TV dinner.

That is if a benevolent Tanyallir hadn't talked him out if it.

Junus, on the other hand, is no Giant's Pop Tart. When she arrived there was a distinct lack of viable employers. . .

MADAGASCAR featuring Ben Stiller and some Penguins
Bud E
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bv6 wrote:
Willoughby certainly would have gone up the Bean Stalk and subsequently have become some Giant's equivalent of a TV dinner.

That is if a benevolent Tanyallir hadn't talked him out if it.

Junus, on the other hand, is no Giant's Pop Tart. When she arrived there was a distinct lack of viable employers. . .

There are two words you don't usually see in the same sentence:” benevolent Tanyallir” Laughing

So Junus isn’t a pop tart is she just a tart?

The Beanstalk can be fun FYI Tsu can’t finish it all by himself.

Agmar or Carne Dumm can be fun as well as a place called lone mountain.

If you want to die closer to home there is Annakola tomb and Bree tomb. Both can kill very easily.

There are a couple of deserts that can kill in seconds but they are far away.

Danhke forest what a blast but it is a trip just to get there. Just let me know when you want to go... Twisted Evil

Oh you probably would have died long before seeing any giants.

I'm sure Canon, Mykkal, Tanya, Amarice or even Bud would be pleased to show you places to die very quickly.
mkmddx
DM
DM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud E wrote:

I'm sure Canon, Mykkal, Tanya, Amarice or even Bud would be pleased to show you places to die very quickly.

Um, am I seeing a trend / reputation develop? Shocked Confused
Bud E
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkmddx wrote:
Bud E wrote:

Um, am I seeing a trend / reputation develop? Shocked Confused

You going to hijack this one too?

I was just pointing out some of the wonderful places to explore! I didn’t even mention the Durin Mountains, Those nasty Orcs in those mountains, The Hill, Fire, Frost, Carrok Giants, or Hell.

All lovely places!

And possible guides. Everything isn’t about you Mykkal.

Let it go will ya?
flamecrow
DM
DM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look on the bright side, at least Mykkal didn't kill the poor girl's father... and the girl.... and her evil fiancé... and... well, that's enough I think.
Twisted Evil *hollow laughter* Twisted Evil
Wink
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
Bud E
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamecrow wrote:
Look on the bright side, at least Mykkal didn't kill the poor girl's father... and the girl.... and her evil fiancé... and... well, that's enough I think.
Twisted Evil *hollow laughter* Twisted Evil
Wink

OKAY THIS IS LIKE 16 TIMES I'M SORRY OKAY!!!!! IT WAS A MISS CLICK!

And I didn't kill the girls father... the girl did.
flamecrow
DM
DM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to hear it one more time, sorry, couldn't resist.
oh, btw, I think you've reached 20 by now. And, you are forgiven, actually it wasn't your fault really. Mistakes happen, don't worry about it.
But you were such a great victim. Thank you Very Happy
I promise.
Bud E
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamecrow wrote:
Just wanted to hear it one more time, sorry, couldn't resist.
oh, btw, I think you've reached 20 by now. And, you are forgiven, actually it wasn't your fault really. Mistakes happen, don't worry about it.
But you were such a great victim. Thank you Very Happy

Well you know we Americans love our victimhood, that and litigation. Remember that! Shocked I lost count long ago Very Happy

Oh and what about those two lovely caves in greenway north!

Or the ruins in meadows north?

Or any poor elf caught in Fingar!

Hey Junus want to go on a road trip? Twisted Evil
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*watches another thread get sidetracked*

*starts whacking Flamecrow and Bud with a rolled-up map*
Maps! The thread is about Maps!

If you want to poke fun at Bud or Mykkal, there are plenty of other threads to do that in.

If it happens again, I'm gonna start handing out paper-cuts. *holds a map menacingly* Twisted Evil

((this is supposed to be a light-hearted post and i am not really telling people off... although i did find it ironic that Bud suggests Mk is hijacking and then promptly hijacks it himself. *shakes head with a disappointed look* I would have thought Bud was wiser...... heh... bud..wiser.))

MAPS
flamecrow
DM
DM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, for those who don't know it yet: The red square on the west coast, it's the Citadel of Griefer.
See, I am back on topic. So you can put that map away now HH *hides atlas behind back, ready to wack back* Cool
I promise.
Jaahkh'yll
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I to understand that Bud killed some hapless innocent?
Bud E
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halfling Heaven wrote:
*watches another thread get sidetracked*

*starts whacking Flamecrow and Bud with a rolled-up map*
Maps! The thread is about Maps!

If you want to poke fun at Bud or Mykkal, there are plenty of other threads to do that in.

If it happens again, I'm gonna start handing out paper-cuts. *holds a map menacingly* Twisted Evil

((this is supposed to be a light-hearted post and i am not really telling people off... although i did find it ironic that Bud suggests Mk is hijacking and then promptly hijacks it himself. *shakes head with a disappointed look* I would have thought Bud was wiser...... heh... bud..wiser.))

MAPS

*Clears throat*

I was trying to get it back on topic every post I think I ended with a good place to kill people. And I never said Bud was wiser. Embarassed I think some of his past actions proves that!

What is the name of that place way out west north of the great road with all the fallen rangers and a statue Tsu was to chicken to say yes to? Cool
Jaahkh'yll
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud E wrote:
What is the name of that place way out west north of the great road with all the fallen rangers and a statue Tsu was to chicken to say yes to? Cool

Leocks Bain Valley.

Oops. Nope. That's just the cave where Corellon turned Cyril into a statue, a chicken, a flaming chicken, and a baselik.

Sorry. My mistake.
whispers at nothing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leocks Bain Valley.

Oops. Nope. That's just the cave where Corellon turned Cyril into a statue, a chicken, a flaming chicken, and a baselik.

Sorry. My mistake.[/quote]

Razz a chicken what happened to the penguin Twisted Evil I mean he is the wonder pengy. and if anyone knows where to get killed easily ask Cyril Embarassed
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whispers at nothing wrote:
That's just the cave where Corellon turned Cyril into a statue, a chicken, a flaming chicken, and a baselik.

Are you certain that was Corellon? It sounds so unlike him!
Perhaps Cyril was just suffering from sunstroke or perhaps...

It was an imposter! Twisted Evil

*wonders at the manifestation of Cyril as a baselik*

Jaahkh'yll
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alcor wrote:
or perhaps...
It was an imposter! Twisted Evil

*Cyril wrinkles his nose into a light scowl* Perhaps. The alleged ElfFather later demanded I build him his "First" temple... then I was shown the "secret" temple... BAH!! Another deity hurling themself at me just to make life more muddled.

*glances at Whispers* You were there both nites and you don't remember?! I attained my exaulted Wonder Pengy status on the SECOND nite! ROFL Nice memory!!! And you complain about me getting lost!!!!!!
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also seem to recall a certain 'rat' in Tyrs' temple (though I doubt Tyr was personnaly involved) Smile Something about taking the 'Gods Name in Vain!' Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: