Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter from Oskar Steinhammer - a Battle in the North

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chizbo
Player
Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Letter from Oskar Steinhammer - a Battle in the North Reply with quote

Recounted herein is the basic text of a letter from Oskar Steinhammer to King Krago of Durin, to Nessime Ungard, to Lady Sidonia, and Galadriel, Queen of the Elves of Elven Lathine, with only minor alterations from the original based on the individual recipient:

Dea Close Personal Fr'ind,

I wish ter tell ye o some events as 'as transpired in the North. As ye may recall, Lady Sidonia asked us Steinhammers ter take a peek at goins-on in Fingar. Turns out the Lord Protector, as they call 'em, hae some bad blood wit the elves of the elven city o' Lathine. Why the damn elfies persist in callin' it a name that rightfully belongs ter us dwarves fer our own beautiful dwarven Lathine I dinna know, but no matter.

In any case, as ye know, we met wit Broken Tree, de High Priestess o the elves, and she helped us find the Vale O Lathine, where we met wit Galadriel 'erself. Galadriel told us o the accursed alliance 'tween Fingar and Orin, o the White Hand, may he burn in Moradin's fires forever. She was one as told us we weres yet too weak ter be reclaimin Lathine, and that Undivver Ultok be at risk o fallin as well. We agreed ta lure the Lord Protector's army to an ambush, in the Dense Forest.

Returnin ter Fingar, we as used Galadriel's scroll ter fool the Protector's truthsayers, and thanks ta Luli we weres also able to rescue our old elven friend Aunika. We led the Lord Protector's damned scout north ter the Dense Forest, and into an ambush by Galadriel's elfies. As some o us had suspected, he da been followed by the Lord Protector's army. In de canyons o the Dense Forest, we an our elfie allies made our stand and broke de enemies back, killin all o the Lord Protector's woodsmen, militia, an soldiers. Truth be told, was a grevious blow ter em, serves em right fer consortin wit our enemy de White Hand.

We did 'ear that Unddiver Ultok to the north, be about ter suffer an assault by a right powerful Ettercap mutant, out o Moria. We ask ye te send what aid ye may ter Undivver Ultok, which while it stands thwarts Orin an 'is evil plans fer our lands.

Oskar Steinhammer
Feather
DM
DM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oskar," asks Luli, "Are ye sure they'll send aid? It seems right ta return Gretta to 'er uncle, but," her voice trails off. "I dinna want Undivver Ultok ta fall." She looks toward the little girl. "Mayhap 'er uncle will be grateful and help us."
Jaahkh'yll
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Aye, Luli," Jak agrees. "But only if ye c'n un'erstan' one another." Looking at Gretta, he whispers, "Girl speaks Comm'n worse 'n ye an' Oskar. How ye te know what her uncle say te ye?"
Jak smiles as the girl looks toward him and Luli, and he worries Gretta may have heard him. So he puts on a grimace and bats the snow from his hood.
"Ye know Oskar," he says with chattering teeth, "ye ne'er told me y'ur Lathine be in such a wretched cold place as this, when I join'd ye."
Quickly adding, "An' dinna be sayin' my 'elfie kin ha'e noo problem wit de weather 'ere'. I wasn't bourne 'ere, an' they nae be my kin."
"Blast'd Lathine rangers throw an elf in cust'dy, jis fer tryin' on some o' thier nice warm leathers," he mutters, mostly to himself. "Make no diff'rence to 'em 'at I be with thier new ally. Bah."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: