Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News, rumours & gossip.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoAnnon
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHO IS THE RED FOX
by Scoop Stevens

Someone going by the name of The Red Fox has claimed responsibility for the recent break-in at Ludmilla’s Wax Museum, and the theft of an artifact from display there. The claims are laid out in a poster being placed all around the region on various message boards, tree trunks, and wherever else the poster could be readily seen. The text of the message is as follows:

Quote:
Who Stole the Horn?
Look no further, for it was I, THE RED FOX, who stole The Horn of Harras from Lumilla's Wax Museum! Would the horselords really want it laying in that glass case? No. I think they would have rather seen it serving JUSTICE in the hands of THE RED FOX, so look NO FURTHER! May the evil and currupt BEWARE the wr wrath of THE RED FOX!

Sources inside the museum would not confirm or deny the claim that the missing artifact is indeed this “Horn of Harras” mentioned in the post. Annakol City Guard officials say they have no leads on The Red Fox’s whereabouts, other than a few sightings of someone in red wearing a fox mask here within the city in recent days.

As to who this Red Fox may be, one Guard Inspector went so far as to say that the bard Canon has been known to wear red in the past, and that he remains the prime suspect. “He can try deception if he wants to, but we’re pretty sure it’s him behind this,” the Inspector said, further stating “this sort of diversion won’t do him any good.” Orders have gone out to all City Guards to arrest Canon or anyone wearing red and a fox mask, on sight. “One way or another, someone’s going to jail for this crime,” Guard Captain Paurik said. “This Canon fellow is known to be tricky and cunning, like a fox, hence this new costume of his. It’s really a rather pathetic attempt to put us off his trail with a false lead,” Paurik added.

Anyone having any information at all regarding the whereabouts of either the bard Canon is requested to stop by the City Guard headquarters, or speak to any City Guard.
It’s all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, ya understand
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaos Storm hits Galandar

A strange storm drifted its way across Galandar. The storm eminated from a portal to the chaos plane which was opened in the Dahke Forest and caused the chaos to spread for one entire night across the entire face of Galandar. A myriad of multicolored clouds blotted out the moon and began to cover the lands with unusual mists. Only the deepest depths of the underdark remained untouched by its effects.
Some people woke up to discover their family heirlooms had turned into bowls of geraniums, whilst others looked out their windows to witness chickens turning into cows, ducks and small fishing boats. Nothing was safe, and there seemed no logic to the devastation as small children stirred in their sleep unaware that their hair was changing color, or they were suddenly two inches shorter and growing toenails of unbelievable proportion.
As morning arrived, the strange storm subsided and left a chaotically changed world in its wake. It seems nobody was completely unaffected, as guards discovered their armor had been turned inside out, and Lino rejoiced to find his water had been turned into ale. Farmers scratched their heads as they viewed their fields and contemplated who uprooted their crops and replanted them 12 feet to the left. Old women babbled in the street about how they were only 21 when they went to sleep, whilst a teenage girl taunted them by claiming she had been 94.
The newscryer went to announce the morning news but discovered his handbell was made of wafer, and the news was printed in invisible ink.... and orcish.
Adventurers took to the streets to swap tales of how their favorite sword or shield vanished, but they gained bizarre items in their place such as hourglasses filled with goldfish, coconuts with apples sealed inside, toffee badgers and dresses made of solid stone.
What caused this Chaos Storm? What manner of creature would dare to open a portal to the plane of chaos? Who could be responsible?

Several rumors have started in an attempt to pin the blame upon someone. Around Fountain City, the locals are blaming a female chaos demon who has frequented the area, whilst in Annakol a small child rumored to be named Glory is being accused. The residents of Tharbad blame a local wizard, whilst the officials of Port City claim it must be an evil cult responsible. The various clergy of Farwest City are agreed that it is a portent of the end of the world, whilst residents of Fingar blame the Lathinian Elves and the Lathinian Elves blame the Fingarians.
The truth is, nobody knows who is to blame.

((ooc - this story was produced to enable players to IC explain the sudden changes in their re-rolled characters with ease, or to answer why their inventory is chaotically and inexplicably different. I hope this helps during this 'transition period' of a tragic ooc incident. The IC culprit of the chaos storm may or may not be discovered/revealed.))
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbit Farm Road Trickster

It has been discovered that a halfling has passed themselves off as an official 'tax collector', claiming to unwary travellers that the Hobbit Farm Road is actually a toll road.

It is uncertain how many travellers have been tricked by this individual, or how much gold has been actually been acquired with this scam.

An offical Shire Sherriff said, in relation to this matter...
"It is not good to trick longshanks into parting with their gold. If we see who did this, we will definately take action. However, a toll on the road might not be a bad idea in the long run."

A local halfling was reported to have said...
"I saw the whole thing. It was that Dahkling that did it. You know, the one that stole a pony back last year and attacked the ferryman with a club. She was something to do with Sidonias school a year ago. She is a nuisance if you ask me... but a toll on the road might actually be a good idea."
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FARMER ARRESTED

Last night, a Farmer was arrested after causing actual bodily harm to one of Annakols Guards two nights ago.

Farmer Moe Barleyfield, a middle-aged man who has had no previous convictions, alledgedly threw the guard through a wall when the guard happened to wander onto his property.
Mister Barleyfield, a man of slight build and with the distinguishing feature of only having one arm, was reported as being 'shocked' and 'agog' when the charges were presented to him.

Mrs Barleyfield, his estranged wife now residing in Tharbad, had the following statement to make.
"Moe is a sweet natured man incapable of acts of aggression. In fact, he is simply too nice and frankly too weak. Even when he had both arms, he was not strong enough to lift the goat, let alone a guard."

City Guard, Robin Banks, also commented from his bed while he recovers. He said, "Its all a blur really. I walked into the barn to investigate the flickering light of a flame, which turned out to be a lantern. I think I scared Mister Barleyfield, because he looked completely surprised when I walked in. I mean, I am a very big guy and I know I can often intimidate people without meaning to. Anyway, he looked at me and 'WHAM'... I went through the wall."

The Lawyers handling the case, 'Konnum, Billum and Skarpa' representing Guard Banks anticipate that Farmer Barleyfield will recieve at least 5 years incarceration for such a heinous attack on a lawful citizen.
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Office in Port City Destroyed. Foul Play is suspected

At 09:30 this morning, a fire broke out in one of Port Citys offices. Officials have confirmed that all workers present in the office were killed. The fire, although contained and swiftly extinguished, destroyed everything.
A neighbouring resident, when questioned, stated...
"I don't even know what they did in those offices. It all seemed very hush hush. Whatever the secret was, I guess we will never know now."

The fire was seemingly started by a flaming arrow being fired into what officials have described as 'a barrel containing an unknown combustible substance'.
One guard who was interviewed had the following to say...
"Whatever they did in that office was obviously illegal, so I have had orders to hurry the paperwork through and not investigate too thoroughly. It is clear that the office workers were criminals of some sort, so in many ways this has been a good result."
When asked 'who' had ordered officials to refrain from investigating this incident, we were simply told that the order came from 'higher up'.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: