Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Server

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Server Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry_1066
Server Owner and Designer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: The New Server Reply with quote

I set it up yesterday and after some struggle it worked.

I have set up NWNX2 which is also running profiler. Profiler tells information on use of scripts -- how many times a script is used and how long it took to execute. I am getting that date so I can look into any troublesome scripts.

With the XT performance window open i watched NWN load -- it used ALL four cores and did not peek over 25% CPU use at any time.

Annakolia CEP mod loaded in 7.5 minutes -- the previous server loaded in 17 mins.

Scripts are executing faster -- ATs are faster -- I have not seen a large multi person epic battle yet but may soon with Steinhammers on Tuesday.

So far i can say NWN server is running far far far faster, is more stable and much less lag of any kind.

One area i noted in the profiler as ultra script intensive and CPU hungry is the wax museum. It is less of a problem on the new server but i still notice

If anyone has a new experience they want to share here about the server and how much better it is -- this is the place.
Barry_1066

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little side note-- the buss speed is 1066 -- seem right to me.
Sol Arbriel
Player
Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Server Test Reply with quote

How about opening up the Steinhammer game to as many players as you can muster and try to push how far the server will go before crashing?

Yes make a backup, if it is not too late of important files/folders beforehand.

The idea came to me as it might help create guidelines for all DMs as to how many spawns the server will comfortably handle. For my part as a player, it'll help with how careful I need to be to avoid causing problems that will effect others in terms of lag.

Such as the ruin spiders, I've not yet tried them out yet, however if the above idea works superbly, a single pc attacking ruins shouldn't be a problem like it has been.

Though it is entirely possible you've already thought of this and tried it out?

~Sol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bv6
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting idea Arbriel... of course there seems to be a distinct shortage in the number of dwarves required to carry it out. Wink

Congratulations on the new server configuration Barry... it looks like all your strenuous efforts have paid off! Very Happy

---bv6

MADAGASCAR featuring Ben Stiller and some Penguins
charissa1066

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could not have done it without the help and support of many players. I feel awed by your responses. The new server was a community project!

Thank you!

charissa1066 on Flickriver
Wickedfox999
Administration
Administration

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I own the same equipment as the server I find it is best to manually put nwserver.exe cpu affintiy to the 1st and second core or the 3 and 4th cores and set the priority to above normal or high to force windows to use the cpu properly. I found with my testing nwn works very well and frees windows up to work properly. Windows multi threading is dismal to say the least and it isn't much better in Vista either. You have to force windows to do what you want. These are just my expericences so far testing on a Quad core machine with 4 gigs of memory. Do keep in mind I was running a Wow server right along side NWN and had no issues. Wow is a bit more demanding than nwn by far. In a techicality you should be able to run RoA and Spelljammer at the same time on the same PC without too many issues.
Lord Guinness
Player
Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just donated 20 bucks to help with the new server,and i suggest anyone who plays with the means to do likewise...a thank you to barry and charissa..THANKS YOU. oh, and wicked can you pm me how to do that quad core thing with xp? i have the same setup 4gigs too
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
charissa1066

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks LG. Very Happy

charissa1066 on Flickriver
Sol Arbriel
Player
Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Dear Admins Reply with quote

Just a reminder for two of our most esteemed RoA Admins to perform a backup of the RoA realm & defrag the server hard drive.

Especially since new additions have been added to the already wonderful setting that is Annakolia.

Should these steps have already been done recently, please ignore this kind notice and accept my apologies for disturbing you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Server Information All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: