Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mystic Theruge Bug?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoboGerbil
Player
Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Mystic Theruge Bug? Reply with quote

I have recently created a character wanting to become a Mystic Theruge. The problem is he meets all the requirements according to the information given. He is cleric 3/Wizard(evoker) 3. He has the skill focus feat required, and he has 9 ranks in lore, which by my last look, should qualify him for that prestige class. Being able to cast level 2 arcane AND divine spells. Could the specialized wizard be preventing me from taking this prestige class?

As a side note, an evoker cannot use raise dead or resurrect scrolls; Even with levels in cleric.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'd hate to spend the next 6 hours whacking a combat dummy again...
TeroA
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystic Theruge Bug? Reply with quote

RoboGerbil wrote:
As a side note, an evoker cannot use raise dead or resurrect scrolls; Even with levels in cleric.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'd hate to spend the next 6 hours whacking a combat dummy again...
This is because raise dead and resurrection are from Conjuration spell school which is prohibited for Evocation spell school. And even when you take cleric levels your spell school choice stays.

"I think he's kind of cute, Sam. Can I make a tennis racket out of him?" -Sam&Max
flamecrow
DM
DM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh, you are absolutely right, there is at current a bug in the Mystic Theurge requirements that will stop pretty much everyone from taking the class.

There is no fast way to fix this, it will need a hak update and will need everyone to redownload the hak. So it will take a while, can't be helped, sorry.
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
RoboGerbil
Player
Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I might as well stop playing my Theruge until the new hak comes?
charissa1066
Server Owner and Designer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoboGerbil wrote:
As previously posted, these custom classes are in beta. We will relevel a bugged custom class characters if possible. Under some circumstances a character may need to be deleted and restarted from scratch.

You may also hold onto the character and wait for the hak update. It is being worked on, however we cannot give you a date for it's release.

charissa1066 on Flickriver
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoboGerbil wrote:

For now, that's probably the best idea and - while the theurge is away - something else can play...

I'm sure the class won't be 'down' too long.

RoboGerbil
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found another bug with the class, I reached level 2 in theurge and thus should allow me to cast 3rd lv arcane and divine spells; it does. But for some reason Im still casting magic missile, fireball and every other spell as a 3rd level wizard instead of as if I were a 5th level wizard.
flamecrow
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a bug, as stated before it gives you spell uses, not actuall spell levels. There's nothing I can do about that as it is how bioware scripted it. It's the same story with pale master.

Nothing I can do about it.
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamecrow wrote:
Nothing I can do about it.

And, probably, nothing should be done about if it were possible...

The 'restriction' of spell 'level' progression goes some way to 'offsetting' the ability to gain both arcane and divine spells at each rise in level.

All classes have their advantages - and their limitations.

akibara
Player
Player

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of attitude reminds me of all the people that nerf RDD for being "overpowered" a class that essentialy gives you a 3rd level template in place of 10 and doesnt even give you the spells increase in actual d&d

While I accept that it might not be fixable, if it where possible it should be fixed, Mystics draw backs have always been that your spell progression is always behind pure casters, this is not a small drawback,

I find it silly that casting 2 magic missles per spell at level 9 seems fair to you

luckily the spell mastery system in place might be able to help aleviate some of this problem, while you wait, you could spend some time practicing,
Barry_1066

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes if the ability to have a 10th lvl thurge do spells at 10th level could be done, then that should be done -- but is not possible with the NWN engine limitations.

Custom spells for EVERYTHING would help but again they would need to ID the Thurg class and adjust to that -- not going to happen -- at least not now.

I got rid of my Thurge character out of frustration at all my spells being cast at lvl 3.
Lord Guinness
Player
Player

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*weeps for kaji*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Annakolia All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: