Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4th Annual Festival Grand Marshal

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be the grand marshal?
Thadeus Kelmer
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Sensei Lo Chi Min
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Lino Diaz
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Cynara Fox
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Baron Talanque
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author Message
mkmddx
DM
DM


Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Posts: 1801
Location: Illinois' largest state park, USA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: 4th Annual Festival Grand Marshal Reply with quote

Word has been released from Lady Sidonia that the populace will select from a pool of candidates the face to represent the upcoming festival.

"To be selected will be an honor beyond any other," said Sidonia from her library study.

The selection will be announced at the grand opening ceremony the first day of the festival. The selected grand marshall will be present at all competitions and a judge, as needed, at events. Further duties include greeting and welcoming visitors from the surrounding lands and distributing lollipops to everyone wearing the official 4th Annual Festival Hat available at various locations.

"It's important the grand marshall has a fitting personality-- it's not all waving and kissing babies," continued Sidonia.

The candidates for grand marshal are:

Thadeus Kelmer, noted intellectual and inventor
Sensei Lo Chi Min, dungeon master and student trainer
Lino Diaz, chief proprietor of the Fiesty Chicken
Cynara Fox, chief proprietor of the Jolly Roger
Baron Talanque, local politician

Voting is ongoing and will conclude prior to the announcement of the winner.
_________________
Mike (DM Mykkal)
Hang out with us on Facebook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
mkmddx
DM
DM


Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Posts: 1801
Location: Illinois' largest state park, USA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an odd bit of circumstances, questions on the street have risen regarding Baron Talonque's bias if he were elected marshall and set to judge his own archery tournament.

With his character called into question, the Baron quickly has cried slander! He further elaborated on the questionable suitability of Miss Fox... formerly Foxmanor and her scandalous past; Mr. Diaz's fiscal management of his business and how did it really get funded several years back for the remodel. Talonque also called into question Dr. Kelmer's eligibility for the grand marshall postion as the gnome claims residence in the Pine Ridge vicinity.

No response to the accusations have been heard at this time.
_________________
Mike (DM Mykkal)
Hang out with us on Facebook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
mkmddx
DM
DM


Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Posts: 1801
Location: Illinois' largest state park, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensei Lo Chi Min has stepped forward to alleviate some of the tensions arising from Baron Talonque’s disparaging remarks about the other candidates.

“You stoop--ed porritician! Shut your face! You mouth move and arr it brrows is hot air. You not deserve to be grand marsharr!!!”

Lo Chi Min’s defense of the other candidates is reflected positively in the polls as his lead expands over the others.
_________________
Mike (DM Mykkal)
Hang out with us on Facebook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
AthenaMeter
DM
DM


Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Posts: 1732
Location: United States

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Cynara leaves the Jolly Roger and makes her way to the Orphanage with baskets of food for the children. On the way Cynara passes the Board and notices the polls. She smiles as the Sensei is leading the race... her face falls and goes a bright red as she sees mention of her "questionable past." For a moment she thinks about blasting the sign to kingdom come, then slowly shakes her head, lifts her chin in defiance and continues on to the Orphanage.*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mkmddx
DM
DM


Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Posts: 1801
Location: Illinois' largest state park, USA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*the first day of the festival dawns*

Lady Sidonia gathers the candidates for grand marshall together.

With a soft smile on her face she announces to the gather crowd,

"In these times of darkness let us find light and hope in our friends and families... let us come together and celebrate and for a brief moment forget the unrest in the world."

Sidonia glances to the candidates before she announces the winner.

"The Grand Marshall shall be the face of hope and joy during this time... and with that, I am please to introduce to you the Grand Marshall of the Fourth Annakol Festiival... Sensei Lo Chin Min!!"

The crowd erupts in applause as the halfling steps forward.

"Sensei prreased at honor being grand marsharr of Annakorr festifarr... RRorripops for arrrr!!!!" and with that the sensie tosses handfuls of treats to the crowd.

"RRet the fun begin!!!"
_________________
Mike (DM Mykkal)
Hang out with us on Facebook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
mkmddx
DM
DM


Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Posts: 1801
Location: Illinois' largest state park, USA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fun stretched long into the evening. Laughter echoed through the streets as the citizens briefly forgot their war time troubles. The lingering fumes of firework smoke mixed with the smell of ale on the air. Much gold was exchanged on the streets and both vendor and patron were happy for the moment.

The Sensei awoke late the next day. As grand marshall, he took his duties seriously and made sure everyone was enjoying themselves. He was one of the last to leave the fair... but did he leave? A blurred memory of a tall brunette woman wanting to play a kissing game was in his mind... a dancing naked dwarves... *shudders*.... fireworks... and ale. Lot's of ale. It was extremely kind of the guard to escort him home.

Moaning, the sensei reaches for a cool cloth to sooth his aching head. Fun WAS had at the festival; its just now, some are paying for it.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
_________________
Mike (DM Mykkal)
Hang out with us on Facebook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group

Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson (http://www.eddingschronicles.com). Stone textures by Patty Herford.