Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Artifact

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Sidonia's School for Adventurers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flamecrow
DM
DM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Artifact Reply with quote

It became apparent at the end of the last session in the OOC area that we were apparently suposed to return some artifact to Sidonia. This makes me wonder, did anyone know this? I mean, I know I didn;t... I've talked to Athena and she didn't have a clue either.

I remember we were sent to the dig site to help Santhea, but to my knowledge no one mentioned bringing back an artifact at any point in time, not Sidonia, or Santhea. It's possible I missed it of course... but I am just wondering:
Did anyone know that we were on a fetch and return mission?
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
Barry_1066
Server Owner and Designer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it does not matter about the artifact since we have a different twist to the story and one that allows some very different things to happen.

As to how that artifact gets to Sidonia, well the school team may yet do it, and then again they may not. We do not have everything scripted out and allow for player direction to tell story as well as DM story lines. In that, things change and that is good. It means that things are not predictable -- and it means that things can get exciting.

DMs had a plan and Players had their own activitys -- we try to bend and create on the fly -- such creative activities can lead to new directions and unthought of outcomes that are surprising.

We do need to get a certain artifact to Sidonia, and if the students do not do it, others will do it. I think it far better that the students have excercised their creativity and puzzling skills. Working out the solution to the problem facing them will also be much better than a simple messenger service.
AthenaMeter
DM
DM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I recall nothing was known about an artifact.. only the scrolls.. they were to be deciphered ... figure out what they are. I checked my logs.. cause.. my memory is not so good.

If anyone mentioned a HUGE artifact to be packed up and delivered.. we could not have done it with out a team of oxen and a large wagon, anyway. *grins*

sincerely,
Athena
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bv6
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Sidonia giving us copies of the manuscripts, and asking us to help Santhea find more to solve the puzzle.
Don't recall anything beyond that.

*sigh* It seems we are about as in-touch as that Chicken mob! Wink

Our entry into the Land that Time Forgot was a stroke of genius however, and I suspect, lightning improvisation.
It was an exciting twist to the plot, and a climactic cliff-hanger on which to end the session!

More please! Very Happy

MADAGASCAR featuring Ben Stiller and some Penguins
Barry_1066

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL that artifact you were playing with was not the artifact in question -- since the artifact in question is a secret yet, I cannot reveal what it was, but it was easily carried by one person.

What it is, and what it does is -- secret until revealed in game.

HOWEVER

I can say it was not the artifact you all activated. The one you were to take back was going to be found in your searches in the dirt pile but -- as things were going a different direction, that artifact was not given to you all -- instead you were fed the steps to the final ending event -- so you could not have found or delivered the artifact since the DMs changed the whole event to accommodate the RP and new creativity on both the Players and DMs parts.

We enjoyed the activation of the large artifact and the accidental destruction of it was used to represent it phasing into another dimension/plane and back again (a hint of operation/function). Once the symbols and sequence were puzzled out and punched in, all in the party were doomed to go -- no split party - so an area residual effect catches all, button pusher or not.

The answer, however, to knowing if you were to bring something back or not is -- no you did not know.
Barry_1066

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add -- however since that artifact was going to be an introduction to spelljamming, we will need to either find a different group to bring it back or rethink what we had planned since the Sidonia group may not get back to deliver it by next session which was the plan.

This is not The Sidonia's School group fault however -- it is a DM decision and we are the ones who will have to figure out a fix for what we did. Both Charissa and I are much more satisfied with the current state of affairs. Very Happy
gamma zero
Player
Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You actually PLANNED... and I repeat... PLANNED... us... which means... the usual suspects of Sidonia´s campaigns... to do in-time delivery?!

rotflmbo ^^

I think in all those years we are playing together now we never even get close to something like that *g*
Alcor
Player
Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamma zero wrote:
I think in all those years we are playing together now we never even get close to something like that *g*

I think you did once... Shocked

Once someone (a whole group in fact possibly) travelled right past you while they were doing just that. Razz

I think they passed you in both directions even... Rolling Eyes

flamecrow
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry_1066 wrote:
The answer, however, to knowing if you were to bring something back or not is -- no you did not know.

This...

Barry_1066 wrote:
This is not The Sidonia's School group fault however -- it is a DM decision and we are the ones who will have to figure out a fix for what we did. Both Charissa and I are much more satisfied with the current state of affairs.

... and this...

was all I was looking for. I just wondered where we should have headed right where we went left so to say. I couldn't think of anything, so I was wondering if I was just missing half a storyline or if somewhere we didn't communicate properly or whatever.
Just so we're clear, I don't mind being sent away... I don't mind that everyone got ported. In fact, I would have done the same thing from a DM point of view. Now of course, I would have blown Ribbly up a few more times in the process, but that's just me Wink
Beside, you've given me an oppertunity to nag about a raptor companion at every start and every end of a game *grins* Remember those green goggles, this will be worse *snickers* Very Happy
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Sidonia's School for Adventurers All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: