Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Myth and Misdemeanours

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Alcor
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 6219
Location: Welcome to the Nightmare...

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Myth and Misdemeanours Reply with quote

"Enter Tempest...", Alymer of Annakol speaks softly, "Pray be seated".

Taking up a parchment in his left hand Alymer opens his mouth to speak, rising to his feet, "Tempest...", a heavy breath escapes the hooded figure.

"Perhaps you might shed a little of thy... light ...upon this...", placing the parchment upon the desktop before Tempest.


Baroness Zoe Drowbane wrote:
To the High Priest of the Temple of Tyr in Annakol City,

It is with great regret that I am to inform you of the misconduct of one of your representatives. It has come to my attention that one of my subjects, under my protection, has been viciously assaulted within her own home for reasons which are unclear. This attack I deem to be unwarranted and a direct violation of your jurisdiction.
The aged woman who was victim of this barbaric assault is recovering but traumatised. I am sure you will agree that the violation of an individuals private residence is an unlawful act, and thus is not an act which you would support.
I therefore demand immediate compensation for the victim, and an amount which would be seen as both fitting and generous. Furthermore, I expect your temple to make a public apology and a guarantee that the member of your temple who committed this unlawful act will be dealt with in whichever manner you deem fitting for a 'so-called' representitive of Tyr, the Lord of Justice.
Failure to comply could be percieved as a hefty blow upon diplomatic relations between Fountain City and Annakol City, and will result in this matter being taken to more extreme measures.
I am sure it will not be necessary to remind you that Fountain City has extensive resources and a formidable Navy and Army.

Sincerely hoping this matter will be resolved amicably,

Baroness Zoe Drowbane of Fountain City.

*sealed with the Drowbane signet of a dragon in flight upon dark purple wax*

Sitting back upon his high chair.Alymer of Anakol presses the fingers of each hand and, at right angles, his thumbs together; almost as if in prayer...

"Well... ?"

_________________
-:Alcor:-
"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"
Amy Lee


Last edited by Alcor on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sol Arbriel
Player
Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Posts: 543
Location: In his tomb under Temple of Tyr in Port City

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Seated in front of Alymer, Tempest picks up the parchment and reads and then makes her response:*

"Alymer, to whom is her Grace referring? I have not attacked anyone within the city?

However it is so that during a recent expedition I passed through Fountain City, peacefully, in my search for a pearl required in the forging of a sword.

Having left the city through the South Gate and beyond the road leading to Fountain City and the Misty River Junction in a forested area where I was attacked by very large purple colored spiders, naturally I defended myself. Determined to find out what or where these vicious spiders were emanating from I came across a wooden shack in a partially flooded forest nearby. The water is waist high on a human.

In that shack there were two more of those purple spiders, which attacked me on sight. I dispatched those right away. Now that having found a building with those spiders inside I had to conduct a search of the building in the hopes of finding the owner. I ensured I made my presence known and received no reply.

I found a woman, she was not willing to discuss anything and set about casting her magic at me in an obvious frontal attack. At that point, Aylmer it became a battle to where I knocked her out in the end. The battle was not one sided, she quickly had the upper hand from the start and nearly had victory. It was only by being able to knock her out that I was able to put an end to the battle.

After the battle, I searched through some documents and learned of her name, Klana the Seer. I carried Klana to the upstairs portion of her house where I placed her into a bed, there are several rooms and I am not sure which was hers, ensured she was comfortable and left. Only the upstairs portion of her home is dry and away from the water. Two bedrooms downstairs are water sodden.

Is this the person to which her Grace is referring? If so it is regretful and I am comforted to know that she is making a recovery.

Upon reaching the South Gate of Fountain City, put away my weapons, I made it known to one of the guards as to what had happened. A burly fellow, who just asked me for my name and I gave it fully, indicating that I am from the Temple of Tyr in Annakol City, he took down some notes on a piece of parchment and then told me to leave it with him.

At that point I made my way through Fountain City and returned by ship, via Tharbad and the Shire to Annakol City and the Temple.

I would be happy to visit Klana and if necessary, her Grace the Baroness as well under the terms of a truce to answer any questions her Grace may have, personally. For one I would wish to learn as to whether Klana is the owner and breeder of those spiders or not? If not why were there two purple hostile spiders in her house and whether she was aware of them?

On the point about Justice, Alymer, is it acceptable to have such vicious animals, those spiders, which attack upon sight wandering so close to the Dahkling Town? The townsfolk themselves were not hostile and even granted me a room at their Inn for the night.

Since at the time Klana did not wish to speak with me I could do only one thing and that was defend myself. It is a regrettable event and to one I would wish to close with all peace and goodwill with the continuance of good relations between the Temple of Tyr, her good Grace the Baroness Zoe of Fountain City and his Excellency the Baron Talanque of Annakol City.

Finally may I state that I am not above any law, whether here in Annakol City or in Fountain City or wherever else and that I will uphold and enforce any and all applicable laws of fair justice.

Thank you Alymer."


Last edited by Sol Arbriel on Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alcor
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 6219
Location: Welcome to the Nightmare...

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Verilly those spiders of which thou speakest are but the natual fauna of the Dahke; not unlike the wolves and bears of our own woods.

Perhaps theuy were but 'pets' to the Mistress Klana." Alymer paces the room in thought.

"Tempest, thou say'st that thou injured not mortally this 'seer' but left her without conciousness upon her bower..." a hand rubs the Tyrians chin.

"And thou took nought from her abode?"

_________________
-:Alcor:-
"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"
Amy Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was late at night and Alymer was tidying his desk before readying himself for rest. He was unsure if he would get much sleep as the delivery of a second letter from Drowbane Castle was weighing heavily upon his mind. It was not often that the Temple locked its doors, but due to the stress of a particularly hard day, Alymer had decided that for once the temple would simply have to be sealed for the night.
Alymer wished the cleaning lady a good night and locked the door behind her as she left. Turning to the large candleabra, he drew in a breath to extinguish the flames when a noise caught his attention.....

....Daylight poured in through the windows of the temple as the dawn chorus began, a casual but cheerful birdsong that was unaware of the grisly sight within the temples walls. Vladimir turned his key in the lock and opened the temple door. Taking a step inside, he drew a short sharp breath of shock at what he saw....

...The temple had clearly been robbed. The candleabra were all missing, and the donation platter was emptied and lay smashed upon the floor. The tapestries upon the wall had also gone, leaving bleached outlines of where they were once proudly placed.
However, the most shocking of all was the sight of a huddled Alymer breathing slowly, his eyes displaying pain with every wheezing breath. His eyes were blackened and bruised, his arms cradling his broken ribs, and one of his legs clearly broken and at an obscure angle.

Vladimir rushed forward to aid Alymer. Amidst his pain, Alymer could only make one rather obvious statement.

"We hath been robbed."
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sol Arbriel
Player
Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Posts: 543
Location: In his tomb under Temple of Tyr in Port City

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tempest writes.....

....Your Grace, Baroness Zoe....it is with regret as to what occurred with thine subject in the Dahke Forest and to answer your question why I entered mistress Klana's abode, two foul spiders had entered inside mistress Klana's home.....

....I shall of course ensure any damage caused whilst I delt with those two spiders in her home is suitably compensated....

....Canst thou assure I that those foul spiders were also intruding upon mistress Klana's abode?....

....Tis along with the hope that your Grace willst continue to ensure that all good terms will be kept intact between all parties involved....

....As for the matters of jurisdiction, none of your guards asked me why I am within thine city walls and thence I know not of there being no reason why one such as myself cannot enter thine city walls and enjoy all that Fountain City and thine family seat has to offer....

....Please pass on my prayers to thine friend and subject mistress Klana for a speedy and full recovery....

....May I also offer thee mine prayers for a safe and hasty return of thine daughter Darla and as a matter of goodwill I also offer thee mine sword to aid in finding thine daughter...


Tempest Arbriel, Paladin of Tyr.

Sealed in wax with the symbol of Tyr emblazoned upon it.


Last edited by Sol Arbriel on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sol Arbriel
Player
Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Posts: 543
Location: In his tomb under Temple of Tyr in Port City

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Temple Robbery Reply with quote

Tempest having already been dismissed for the night had already taken to her bed before Alymer.

A commotion in the morning wakes her from her slumber and she hurriedly sets about putting on her temple uniform.

Not knowing what all the fuss is about Tempest makes her way to the first floor of the Temple.

She is met by Vladimir who had just been tending to Alymer and explains what had happened during the night. Tempest cries out "Who dare's defile the sanctity of the Temple" at what she is being informed about. She then gathers herself and asks if she can speak with Alymer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alcor
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 6219
Location: Welcome to the Nightmare...

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vladimir cast's a glance towards Gustar, the High Priest, and, receiving a light nod of the head in response, beckons Tempest follow.

"Be brief, child," leading the paladin to a darkened room Vladimir speaks in hushed tones, "Master Alymer was sorely beaten and ''tis a wonder that he doth live."

A door before tempest is opened, the shrouded form of Alymer lies upon a low cot within...

_________________
-:Alcor:-
"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"
Amy Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sol Arbriel
Player
Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Posts: 543
Location: In his tomb under Temple of Tyr in Port City

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Tempest quietly and softly steps into Alymer's room and kneels down beside the showedy figure of Alymer and gently takes hold of his hand to help re-assure him...*

Tempest whispers a Tyrian prayer "Fight thine pain, warrior of Tyr, for thine fight hast yet to come to an end, for it tis thus, warrior of Tyr, for thoust shallst achieveth victory over thine pain, warrior of Tyr"

*Tempest gently falls silent and remains knelt beside Alymer in silent prayer*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alcor
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 6219
Location: Welcome to the Nightmare...

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stricken Alymer stirs not from his fitful repose, beside his cot a single candle burns low upon a worn cabinet; an unfurled parchment bearing a broken seal of purple wax is illuminated by it's light.
_________________
-:Alcor:-
"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"
Amy Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sol Arbriel
Player
Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Posts: 543
Location: In his tomb under Temple of Tyr in Port City

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alcor wrote:
The stricken Alymer stirs not from his fitful repose, beside his cot a single candle burns low upon a worn cabinet; an unfurled parchment bearing a broken seal of purple wax is illuminated by it's light.


Tempest opens her eyes from her silent prayers, allowing a few moments for her eyes to adjust to the light and notices the parchment bearing the broken seal of purple wax and gently lets go of Alymer's hand to then reach over to the worn cabinet and picks up the parchment to read it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alcor
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 6219
Location: Welcome to the Nightmare...

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heavy parchment is written with a flowing hand and reads...
Baroness Zoe Drowbane wrote:
To the High Priest of the Temple of Tyr in Annakol City,

I am saddened to see that the expected apology for the unjustified actions of one of your representatives has not been forthcoming. I was mistaken to believe that relations between your Temple and my powerful family name would be taken as an important matter which would need to be dealt with amicably and with haste.
Your silence in this matter is a shame, especially as it forces me to take matters further.
If this matter is not resolved to my satisfaction, then I will have to deem diplomacy as a waste of my time and efforts. I will then be forced to seek other methods of action.
For your sake, I hope you make a wise decision.

Disappointed with your silence,

Baroness Zoe Drowbane of Fountain City.

The broken seal is that of the Baroness; a dragon in flight upon dark purple wax.
_________________
-:Alcor:-
"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"
Amy Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sol Arbriel
Player
Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Posts: 543
Location: In his tomb under Temple of Tyr in Port City

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Tempest picks up the scroll after reading it and quietly leaves Alymer's bedside and room. She then finds Vladimir and hands him the parchment and says I found this upon Alymer's bedside cabinet, seal already broken*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alcor
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 6219
Location: Welcome to the Nightmare...

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And what of this Tempest?" Vladimir frowns as his eye scans the text. "Had this been meant for thine eye.I would not it have been given openly to you?"

What is in thy mind child? This," rolling the parchment, "means little and proves nought... !"

_________________
-:Alcor:-
"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"
Amy Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sol Arbriel
Player
Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Posts: 543
Location: In his tomb under Temple of Tyr in Port City

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis something Alymer had already shown me once, Vladimir and I was uncertain thou hast also been privy. I wonder if her Grace, the Baroness Zoe is behind this attack?....

...If I may Vladimir I had penned a response, and not yet sent, for I wished to speak to Alymer and you together about mine parchment
Hands over her response parchment, it reads:


....Your Grace, Baroness Zoe....it is with regret as to what occurred with thine subject in the Dahke Forest and to answer your question why I entered mistress Klana's abode, two foul spiders had entered inside mistress Klana's home.....

....I shall of course ensure any damage caused whilst I delt with those two spiders in her home is suitably compensated....

....Canst thou assure I that those foul spiders were also intruding upon mistress Klana's abode?....

....As for any personal effects of Klana's I had placed into an armoire near to Klana's bower, two pairs of gloves to which I removed off her hands to enable I to apply a healing ointment and I placed her robe inside a nearby wardrobe, I took nought from her abode....

....For your own request for a public apology, I hereby do so now in this parchment I write to thee.....

....Tis along with the hope that your Grace willst continue to ensure that all good terms will be kept intact between all parties involved....

....As for the matters of jurisdiction, none of your guards asked me why I am within thine city walls and thence I know not of there being no reason why one such as myself cannot enter thine city walls and enjoy all that Fountain City and thine family seat has to offer....

....Please pass on my prayers to thine friend and subject mistress Klana for a speedy and full recovery....

....May I also offer thee mine prayers for a safe and hasty return of thine daughter Darla and as a matter of goodwill I also offer thee mine sword to aid in finding thine daughter...

Tempest Arbriel, Paladin of Tyr.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alcor
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 6219
Location: Welcome to the Nightmare...

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That is a..." Vladimir seems to catch his own tongue.

"The Judgement of Tyr must be tried in the balance, child, this thou shouldst know, " his eyes hold those of the tempest in their gaze, "lest a greater crime be done."

Aladimir scans the proferred parchment but briefly, "I know not what response will sate the Baroness but 'tis likely such will not." Returning the parchment he continues.

"Words upon a page, but how should they be read?"

"This comunique that thou hath read arrived but yestereve..." eyes narrow, the words of the Baroness Zoe in hand, "and late. Yet some days after the first; that which Alymer did allow thee to read."

Thou can'st not hath afore seen this, Tempest." Vladimir's eye weighing the paladins resolve, "Beware of the web thy words weave..."

"As for the Baroness I know not what words to send, mayhap the words of thy true hart shall suffice; Alymer may not, at this time, be thy guide in this."

_________________
-:Alcor:-
"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"
Amy Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sol Arbriel
Player
Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Posts: 543
Location: In his tomb under Temple of Tyr in Port City

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis so that Alymer showed me a differing parchment and upon reading thus once more tis a related subject with the one left upon the cabinet. Her eyes meeting Vladimir's As for a guide, it would seem so Tyr tis mine only guide in this matter, Vladimir. Her resolve strengthening. Wouldst Tyr wish a war betwixt the Temple and the Baroness, I say not, for tis it not so that Tyr wouldst not wish those of his belief to throw ones life away so foolishly. Hast this Temple a command of a suitable, battle ready army to meet those of the Baroness upon the field in equal measure, I ask you? Pauses a few moments to study Vladimir How many more will suffer, Vladimir, whilst nought tis done! Spoken sternly Lest thou hast another plan to deal with this matter I offer no other than a mere parchment by my own hand. Let her Grace decide if tis enough or not, tis better than remaining silent on this issue, woulds't thou not agree? Pauses a moment Hast any word of this matter reached the ears of His Holiness Mallory, may I ask? Tempest concludes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alcor
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 6219
Location: Welcome to the Nightmare...

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Speak not of Mallory, Tempest, lest ye bring down the wrath of the Master House upon us...", voice raised commandingly, "And verilly be it so that this House of Tyr hath tarried overlong ... and yet..."

"Yet what would Alymer have we do?!" Vladimir's voice falls to a softer tone, "Afore he fell ill, did'st speak ought to ye on this child?"

_________________
-:Alcor:-
"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"
Amy Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sol Arbriel
Player
Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Posts: 543
Location: In his tomb under Temple of Tyr in Port City

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thence let no word of this be brought to His Holiness in the Master House, least not from mine lips or hand Responds more calmly but firmly Tis so we tarry, VladimirPauses a moment what hast Guster to sayeth? Tis he not the High Cleric of this Temple, for surely Guster must decide on the best course of action in this matter Pauses to fix her eyes upon Vladimir's Since thou art my teacher, tis for thee to speak with Guster concerning this matter. Or willst Hawin carry Alymer's duties and thence needeth to parley with Guster in Alymer's steed Pauses to gather her thoughts Any more word on Alymer's wounds? Pauses a moment I wish now to pray to Tyr, willst thou not join me and to asketh in prayer that Alymer recover with as much haste as is possible, Vladimir? Tempest gestures towards the main alter before saying sternlyPraise be to Tyr!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alcor
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 6219
Location: Welcome to the Nightmare...

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Praise be to Tyr, Tempest," a slight bow of the head.

As the paladin makes her way towards the Altar quiet words spoken barely audibly in her wake.

"And in thy prayer mayhap shalt thou see'eth the way..."

_________________
-:Alcor:-
"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"
Amy Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alcor
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 6219
Location: Welcome to the Nightmare...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is early the following morning and, from an upper storey window, Alymer of Annakol looks out.

"Journey with Tyr," the words spoken with quiet reverence are heard by none but Alymer and Tyr himself, "Tempest."

In the street below Tempest Arbriel rides upon the road towards the great North Gate of Annakol City.

_________________
-:Alcor:-
"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"
Amy Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A private detective from the South Ends detective agency is busy making notes in the temple. He brushes surfaces with white powder and a tiny brush, examines walls and flagstones with a magnifying glass and fine pick, and questions everyone with a mixture of obvious, spurious and confusing questions.

After a few hours of investigation, he stands back and boldly announces...


"I deduce that this was something which we call in the trade 'an inside job'."

The detective scans all the stunned faces briefly before continuing.

"When questioning Alymer, he revealed that the last thing he did before the assault was..... locking the door."

The clergy glance at each other, bemused

"When questioning Vladimir, he revealed that the only moments before discovering the crime, he unlocked the same door. Seeing as Alymers key was not taken in the robbery, no windows were broken or tampered with, and the main door is the only way in and out of the building.... I conclude that the robbers must have held a key in their possesion." *proudly awaits the praise for his intelligence*

The priests all gasp with astonishment.

"Whom else holds a key for that door?"

One Acolyte, named Percy, raises a hand.....
"Begging your pardon sir but..... Couldn't they have used lockpicks?"
Another Acolyte, named Symon, interjects....
"Why would they lock the door behind them? I would assume they were still in the temple when Vladimir entered, and then fled in the confusion."
A third Acolyte, Ester, joins in...
"Yeah, they could have been using an invisibility spell.

The detective pauses a moment, a frown getting more pronounced upon his face with evry passing second....

"Who's the expert here? Eh?" *scowling and resuming dusting the surfaces with white chalk powder* "I hate know-it-alls."
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many days later, the detective returns to the Temple of Tyr. Surprised to see Alymer shuffling around, almost completely recovered, the detective addresses him whilst frequently glancing at some roughly scrawled notes upon a piece of paper

"I would firstly like to say how good it is to see you moving around again Mister Alymer." he glances at his notes "I am here to inform you of my discoveries and also to issue my fee." the detective casually passes a small slip of paper to Alymer, who immediately surveys the bill

"I have discovered that.....

...there were no witnesses in the temple, apart from yourself.
...nobody saw or heard anything from the street.
...the missing tapestries and valuables have not surfaced upon any black market.
...the door and windows to the temple show no signs of tampering.
...the weapons used to assault your person have not been discovered.
...there was no evidence to allow further lines of investigation."
The detective folds his notes and slips them into a side pocket of his jacket.

"Therefore, I can only draw one conclusion......"

Alymer raises his eyebrows, awaiting the conclusion whilst also pondering the extremity of the bill.

"... My conclusion is..... I have no idea what happened. Therefore I must regretfully put this case down as unsolvable and ask for the bill to be paid in full. Please note the extra expenses at the bottom, and the receipt which is fixed to the back of the bill."

Alymer turns the bill over to see a reciept for a rather extravagant lunch at the Jolly Roger restaraunt and frowns. The detective turns to leave, but pauses at the doorway, voicing a stray thought.

"You know.... its almost as if someone is hiding an important piece of evidence.... or that someone cleared away all possible evidence before I arrived."

The detective shrugs and exits the temple leaving Alymer still glaring at the bill.
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sol Arbriel
Player
Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Posts: 543
Location: In his tomb under Temple of Tyr in Port City

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tempest enters the Temple to begin her guard duty

Hail and blessed be to Tyr for tis indeed with thine blessings to see thou hast recovered well Alymer and upon thine feet...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group

Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson (http://www.eddingschronicles.com). Stone textures by Patty Herford.