Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tavern in the Olde South Ende

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*The first passer looks at the list*

Trinette Tane - These are the only options?
Honest Rogo - These are the options my wife gave me. The first rule of marriage is to let your wife be in charge. I am surprised she allowed me to pick from the list.
Trinette Tane - *smiles* Very wise and insightful. What is Groo?
Honest Rogo - That is Grandmas specialty. She will be the cook.
Trinette Tane - *nods* I think 'The Phoenix' has a certain logic to it. After all, that building was once ravaged by flames. I choose 'The Phoenix'.
Honest Rogo - Thankyou miss.

*Rogo continues looking for more passers*
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hewhorocks
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 60
Location: New Orleans

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Pathard reads the list*

"Hmmm if its just a tavern and not also an Inn I'd recomend 'The Church'
Many a night could be spent in the Tavern that would be smiled upon by pious spouces.....

'Oh Honey Dont wait up, I'm going to spend a few hours at the church'"

*Pathard chuckles for a few moments*

"Hmmmm oh well not an option...Well I'm sure They'll make a wise choice, I think the pheonix is rather optimistic given the location?"

*pathard rubs his chin*

"Well this bears some consideration"

*Steps out into the rain*

"Off to find more ink for my journals"
_________________
"Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job"

Yep Heck of a job.


Last edited by hewhorocks on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tamur
Player
Player


Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 121

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aina notices a grinning man while tensely walking around trying to find a key into the Mask compound. She takes off her helmet and sheathes her sword.

A tavern... here? You'll need some bodyguards I'd wager, and you might also think about putting some grass down to make it a resort!

A name, yes, sorry... *looks over list*

Ye Olde South Ende Taverne, hmm, too manye wordes endinge like I ate a lemon, no. The Halfway House? *snorts but tries to hide it*

I'd say The Phoenix. It's very noble. And think of the advertising! Aina squints and almost opens her mouth, but then simply hands the list back to Honest with a nervous laugh

Nice idea. The place really needs something to liven it up.

She smiles widely, dons her helmet and walks on
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
AthenaMeter
DM
DM


Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Posts: 1732
Location: United States

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am Rose *smiles kindly*

Ohhh *looks over the list* hmmmm *thoughtfully looks at the ramshakle building. *smiles again*

Well, you do not want to disappoint your patrons by calling it something it is not. *nods to the building* I suggest Groo... it is your specialty, and as far as I know, you are the only one in town who sells such. If people want Groo they are coming here. *nods again* Groo, Southend Tavern... oh yes, I can hear it now.

*pats him gently on the shoulder* Best of luck to you and your family, sir. *smiles brightly and walks away with a pack laden in healing supplies. a concerned look in the direction of the Mask temple.*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alcor
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 6219
Location: Welcome to the Nightmare...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the only options?
Honest Rogo - These are the options my wife gave me. The first rule of marriage is to let your wife be in charge.
Hmm...
Honest Rogo - I am surprised she allowed me to pick from the list.
*nods* I think 'The Phoenix' has a certain logic to it but...
Honest Rogo - Thankyou miss.
How about the 'Heirs and Graces' but...
Honest Rogo - Don't know if my missus would go for that.
Perhaps *frowns* 'The Shrew' would be most fitting?
Honest Rogo - Yes miss...

_________________
-:Alcor:-
"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"
Amy Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RoAnnon
DM
DM


Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Posts: 1630
Location: Houston, Texas (yeehaw)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathor Tallowood (of the Brookshire Tallowoods) is walking through the South End when he's suddenly pulled up short by Honest Rogo blocking his way and holding the clipboard out to him.

"Hmm? what's this?" Nathor takes the list and looks it over, totally oblivious to the work being done to clean out the storefront nearby.

"I'm asking the opinion of the locals, what should the name of our new tavern be," Honest grins in reply. Nathor glances up at him quizzically then back at the list.

"These are the choices?" He studies each one carefully. "Hmm." He looks up, finally, at the burned out portion of the structure. He squints briefly at the facade, trying to imagine each name emblazoned on a large sign hanging over the door. He nods, briefly, then hands the list back to Honest.

"The Grimsdale Arms, definitely!" Nathor smiles at Honest, then turns and trudges off down the street again, not even looking back.
_________________
RoAnnon
==============================
I'm half human, on my mother's side
..........
Itís all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, ya understand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest Rogo wanders through the streets, fully aware that he cannot delay much longer. The Tavern must be named, and it must be chosen soon. Looking at the list, popularity seems to be split between The Shrew and Groo.

If The Groo is the final name, Grandma is going to be impossible to live with. he mutters
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogo enters Konnham, Billum and Skarpa and goes directly to Peggy Skarpa.

"Hey Peggy. Looking beautiful as ever I see."
"You charmer Rogo. But you had better tell me what business you have for me today before i charge you for waiting time." *grinning*
"I want a sign for the Tavern. As soon as possible please."
"That should not be a problem. What is the name of the Tavern?"
"Well.... it was a tie between the two favorites.... so...."
"So, what is it then?"
"The Shrew and Groo."
"I see you let Grandma add a suggestion for a name then."
*Rogo nods*
"So.... when are you opening?" Peggy Skarpa asks.
"Well.... if we get working hard, we can probably open up during the festival."
"Great idea Rogo. I will get the sign finished before then. Dont forget our business deal though."
"Of course not Peggy. They dont call me Honest Rogo for nothing." *grins*
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~~~~~~~~~A Week Later~~~~~~~~~

Rogo - I have checked the last of the exotic ales off the list. We have a full stock.
Honor - And I have checked off all the rare wines. The supply should last several months.
Grandma - I make Groo from things. I clean floor now. *gets on her hands and knees and licks the floor*
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~~~~~~~~~After the Grand Openings events~~~~~~~

Rogo - *cheerfully* Thankyou everyone for making that Lawyer suffer the taste of his own dishonesty. I am not sure how you managed it, but I think I can afford to give you one free drink each.... and FREE GROO FOR THE GUESTS GRANDMA
Grandma - Groo is Good!
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You!" Rogo says as a customer wanders into the tavern "What would you say are the best and most memorable features of The Shrew and Groo Tavern?"

Rogo looks at the astonished customer, whom has not even had the time to close the door behind them after entering.

"Well?" Rogo poises with his quill, waiting to note down the customers opinion.
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alcor
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 6219
Location: Welcome to the Nightmare...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well... erm..." glancing about in discomfiture

"The floor always seems" nervously "astoundingly clean" a frown upon her brow

"Even if it is always a little... sticky..."

_________________
-:Alcor:-
"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"
Amy Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"......clean....floors." Rogo repeats as he notes the highlights. His eyes scan the room as he looks for his next target.

"You!" he shouts across the room to a lone drinker as they take a swig of their beverage. "What would you say was a main attraction here at the Shrew and Groo tavern?"

His quill points directly at the drinker as Rogo awaits the response.
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest Rogo browses his supply of rare wines and ales. A puzzled expression comes over his face

Rogo - "Didn't we just have a delivery of Evermead? Our stock seems very low."
Honor - "Yes, we should have a virtually full stock."
Rogo - "Thats odd.... The Berduskan Dark seems very low too...... in fact...... all of our supply seems short."
Honor - "I guess thats what we get for opening a tavern in the Old South End."
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group

Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson (http://www.eddingschronicles.com). Stone textures by Patty Herford.