Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Renovations

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feather
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Renovations Reply with quote

Amid the regular traffic of visitors to both the museum and the library, there is a steady, well almost steady, stream of workers heading for the upper stairs near the kitchen. Sounds of hammering, sawing, the odd crash of equipment drift down the stairs and filter into the museum and the upstairs suites. The busy activity is interupted by a loud scream, thundering foot-steps, and the sight of a worker fleeing out the front door of the museum.

Mme Ludmilla looks up from her writing desk as William appears at her elbow.

"I am afraid madam that I will have to hire another carpenter. The current one seems to have lost his..." He is interupted by a loud scream, thundering foot-steps, and the blur of someone hurtling past out the front door, which closes with a slam. "I am afraid madam that I will have to hire two more carpenters."
Feather
DM
DM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mme Ludmilla carefully arranges artefacts in a dispay case. She is interrupted by a loud scream, the clatter of dropped tools, and the sound of footsteps thundering down stairs. Moments later there is a blur as a workman hurtles past her view through the exhibit area doorway. The front door bangs as it is wrenched open, there is no sound of it subsequently closing.

William speaks at her elbow. "I am afraid madame, that that was the last carpenter in Annakol. Shall I advertise in Bree?"

"Yes Vilyum. Tell zem zere iss no need to bring tools. We haf now a large supply off zem."
bv6
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

---

Willoughby walks down the main stairs into the front hallway, pausing at the bottom step to brush wood shavings from his gown.

"Madame Drachenova, I..."

*aah… aAAH… AAAAH… GRFGNTHKKKKKAAAAGH!!!!*

Willoughby picks himself up from the floor, surrounded by a swirling cloud of twinkling wood dust.

"I, ah, really must protest. The noise is interminable, and this wood dust is wreaking havoc with my allergies."

"I had hoped your offer of accommodation would provide a more tranquil and productive environment for my studies."

Willoughby frowns distractedly.

"If it, ah... should help bring this little project of yours to a speedy conclusion, I should be most happy to assist you by posting a notice at the Prancing Pony in Bree."

*gsnit*

"I was planning a trip there this very day, with the intention of consulting Mistress Maggie. It is my sincere hope she will be able to provide me with some elixir that will assuage this assault on my olfactory senses..."

Willoughby peers pointedly at Ludmilla.

"And possibly some wax plugs for my ears..."

A small shower of wood-dust trickles from Willoughby's pileus.

*aah… aAAH… AAAAH…*

---
Feather
DM
DM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thank you Mr. Grynt. Zat iss most kind off you." Ludmilla smiles. "I had hoped zat ze vork would go more quickly." Gives a helpless shrug and a charming smile to Mr. Grynt. "I am sure zat ze vork will be finished soon."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: