Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Talanque and Brando

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charissa1066
Server Owner and Designer
Server Owner and Designer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Talanque and Brando Reply with quote

“BRANDO!” From his private quarters, Baron Talanque’s deep baritone voice reverberated through the halls.

A calm expression on his handsome face, Brando set aside the baronial ledger and rose from his desk. He made his way to the baron’s quarters. At the baron's door, Seneschal Brando straightened his coat before knocking on the door.

“Enter!” Talanque roared.

“Yes, Your Excellency.” Brando said with a bow.

The baron sat at his desk. A copy of the Annakol Trader spread across it.

“Who is this Scoop Stevens?” Talanque jabbed a finger at the paper.

“He styles himself as a writer, Your Excellency.” Brando said in a clearly superior tone. “One is pained…” Here, Brando arched one of his finely drawn eyebrows. “…to call his sort a craftsman.”

“I want this man in my audience chamber.” Talanque said. “Today!”

Brando bowed. “Yes, Your Grace.”

charissa1066 on Flickriver
RoAnnon
DM
DM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A loud voice bellowed from the Editor’s office. “Scoop!!”

Scoop looked up from his desk where he’d been furiously scribbling notes on a tight roll of parchment. He couldn’t see into the chief’s office from the far corner he was assigned in the newsroom, but when the chief yelled like that, he could certainly hear it.

”SCOOP!! My office! NOW!” Scoop leapt up and quickly made his way past the glances of his fellow reporters toward the big corner office. He stopped just outside the door and leaned his head in, trying to achieve the illusion that he’d just been passing by.

“Yeah Chief?” His trained investigator’s eye instantly noted the presence of two armed (and armored) guards and a third man wearing some very frilly lace. The Editor-in-Chief of the Annakolia Trader waved Scoop all the way in.

“Seems your stories have been catching some well-born notice, my lad,” the chief frowned. “Baron wants to see you. Now.” Scoop’s eyebrows rose a bit on that as he walked over to the drawbridge-sized desk. He wondered which story the Baron had seen, the back part of his mind that was always working already gathering the questions that would need to be asked. He smiled.

“Which Baron?” he asked nonchalantly, focusing on the boss and pretending to ignore the Baron’s men. Frilly-lace sniffed and frowned.

“Baron Talanque, of course,” Frilly-lace frowned more, his tone of voice clearly indicating he couldn’t wait to get out of here and wipe his shoes clean. Scoop turned and looked at the fellow. He studied him for a brief second, his mind trying to come up with a suitable question to ask, but he quickly determined this was a man With No Answers. Scoop smiled.

“Well allrighty then, let’s go see the Baron!” He turned his head and winked at the chief as he headed out the door, flanked by the two armed tincans. He didn’t see the Chief’s scowl or head shake in resignation as the parade wound its way through the cluttered desks and layout tables.
It’s all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, ya understand
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: