Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Learning of Mielikki

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tamur
Player
Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Learning of Mielikki Reply with quote

Aina comes to Jania at the temple on the North Road. They exchange pleasantries, but Aina is quick to come to the point

I don't need anything from you today Jania, except for understanding. I wish to know something about Mielikki... well, not just something. I have read all the books I can find, and have heard stories of her celebrations. But for all this I know nothing of what she would have me do.

I went into the forest a few days ago because I felt she was calling me there. My camp remains there, and she has led me down forest paths to secret places. At times I have felt my mind touched by her, so that I have thought of the free will given to creatures of the forest, and how the evil and the good can exist in the same place... or must exist in the same place.

But I don't know anything about her order, or coming under her training or... oh goodness, I sound like a babbling fool, I don't even know what I'm asking.

I guess if you could start with your own training. How did you come to stand here in this temple?

Note: this sort of post was suggested by bv6 in a thread in the Gen. Discussion forum. I'd love it if a DM would take Jania's part of the conversation at some time. However, no pressure, and I understand if it simply doesn't happen for whatever reason.

Last edited by tamur on Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
flamecrow
DM
DM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jania glances over the woman in front of her slowly, taking her in
She takes a breath of air and starts in a slow yet gently voice

Mielikki, dear girl, is not a forceful goddess. We each follow her freely, without her expecting anything in return. What we give, we give freely.

She smiles

What you seek, is not mine to give... The path of life is not one that can be given or explained. It's a path you must walk, at times alone, at times with others.

Jania glances into the distance towards annakol forest

Your path, is yours to walk, yours to follow. The crossroads yours to take, the turns yours to follow. If your path leads you, to Our Lady Of The Forest, then so it shall be.

For a moment Jania pauses, a very slight hint of frown form between her eyebrows

Be wary though, that you let it come to you, naturally. Do not force yourself to her, as she would not force herself on you.
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
tamur
Player
Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aina thanks Jania a little awkwardly and returns to her camp. But the next day she is back, peeking around Marigold's tent at Jania while someone buys things from her. Then Jania's visitor leaves. Aina twists her head this way and that for a moment, takes a deep breath, and enters the temple.

Thank you for your words, Jania. I have spent all night and this morning thinking about what you said. But I can't quite understand something.

Aina looks at the ground for a moment.

Well, there are a lot of things I don't understand. But can I ask you just one question?

She notes Jania's quiet nod, and continues.

Yesterday you said that if my path leads me to Mielikki, then that is what will be. Does this mean I should not seek her at all? I have a camp in the forest, and I spend all my time there learning to use my senses, and quieting myself, so I can listen for her. Oh I am not the best at that, believe me! Quiet is probably not a word that would come to mind if you asked my friends to describe me.

Aina starts to giggle, sees Jania's quiet smiling gaze, and stops, her brows furrowed.

Oh I have such a long way to go!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: