Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wedding Plans and a Search

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feather
DM
DM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Wedding Plans and a Search Reply with quote

A loud squeal of delight cuts through the regular hum of conversation in the Feisty Chicken. Patrons look up to see a plump female gnome throw herself into the arms of a large, rough-looking human male. Since this is typical of every Willoughby family reunion they've seen, they turn back to their own affairs. The two find a quiet corner. Anyone interested to take a seat close enough to listen would have heard the following:

"Nelius! How good to see you. Thadeus has found a house at last! We can be married as soon as the invitations are out!" Fetha chatters on excitedly. An astute observer might notice that Nelius is trying to interrupt the flow, but finally gives up and lets the river of enthusiasm and happiness wash over him.

"I am so glad you are here Nelius. You will be able to attend the wedding." She beams at him. Nelius looks stricken.

"I, I can't come Fetha. I'm so dreadfully sorry, but *gasps as if in pain* Silk is missing. I 'have' to find her"

The cry of dismay from Fetha has some patrons lifting their heads to see if Lino has turned into an icecube or it there is a halfling with a tale if woe at the door.

"Oh no, Nelius. Of course you must look for her, or," she looks stricken herself, "we could delay the wedding."

"Plan your wedding, Fetha. You have waited long enough." he lets his breath out in a ragged sigh. "I don't even know where to look."

Fetha at last really looks at her brother's face and sees the strain and unhappiness there, his face unusually gaunt with pain. She clasps his hands in comfort. "Silk is a forest spirit Neelius, start there. I won't ask why she's gone, but she must be searching for you even as you search for her." Some of the strain eases from his face as he listens to her words and the conversation turns to news about Fetha's new house and upcoming wedding.
Feather
DM
DM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: The Invitations Reply with quote

Fetha sits in a corner of the Feisty Chicken. For the most of an afternoon, Lino has been filling her mug with spiced toddy while she labours over her wedding invitation list. She give a happy sigh as she takes a moment to sip from the mug. This is where it all began, Thadeus proposed to her in this very corner of the tavern. As if the happy memory has conjured him up, he comes through the door carrying a large box.

"I've done it Fetha!" he exclaims, "The Singing Invitation Mark V.xiii" He sets the box down and lifts out a card that he opens with a flourish."

The Singing Invitation starts off well enough, a popular melody with lyrics inviting the listener to the Nuptuals of Thadeus Kelmer and Fetha Willobee. Before it can get to the location and date however it begins to shake violently, billow smoke, and make an unpleasant crackle sound as the singing voice increases speed. An unfortunate 'bang' and subsequent ball of fire causes Thadeus to drop the invitation. Lino's readiness with a pitcher of water suggests this is not the first time he has had to treat an invitation this way.

"Too bad, Dr. Kelmer. That one almost got to the date of the wedding," consoles Fiona.
Feather
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thadeus dear," says Fetha with a sympathetic look. "I know you wanted to make a special invitation for me, but I think in this case a traditional approach is best." She gives him a consoling hug and kiss. "This will give you more time to find a suit for the wedding."

Thadeus forlornly picks up the box of invitations, sighs, and turns toward the door. "hmmmm, I think with a little modification they can be ushers for the wedding" He hustles out the door back to his workshop, thoughts of buying a new suit for wedding forgotten.

Fetha takes a clean sheet of paper from the stack at her elbow and begin to write carefully

You are Invited to Celebrate the Nuptuals of Thadeus Kelmer and Fetha Willoughby on the Lawn Behind the Feisty Chicken

She continues with the invitation, penning the time and place and placing each in an envelope with the name of its recepient clearly written. She finishes the first on with a happy smile. "There, the first one. Only 300 more to go."

occ: The wedding will be during the Feisty Chicken Game, January 20, everyone welcome
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: