Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Note at the Door

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bv6
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: A Note at the Door Reply with quote

The sun hangs low in the sky, and mist touches the roof-tops over Annakol. It is a damp afternoon, and the street is unusually quiet. Even the calls from the newspaper vendors seem lost amongst the heavy, moist air.

A heavy iron latch snaps open like a shot.

Slowly, the huge oak door creaks open and briefly the heavy, black lacquer on its surface catches the pale sunlight.

William appears at the door.

"Welcome, ..." he starts, but is abruptly cut-off. A crumpled note has appeared in his hand.

Somewhat bemused, William glances up in time to see the heels of some grubby urchin flying down the street.

"Zere iss some vun at zer door, Vilyum?"

A lyrical voice wafts from within, "a visitor perhaps?"

"Erm, a young lad, mistress" William replies from the doorway, "a messenger, I believe."

"Ah, he vants payment?"

"Not as such, milady..." William hazards, shifting his feet.

"Vell beckon him in, I haf a coin and maybe some small treat from zer kitchens... er, somevere I think..."

"Um" William replies, "afraid he ...ah... appears ter have *cough* fled ..."

"Vell ... zat iss ... most unexpected."

The fleeting heals disappear around a corner. As William turns to close the door, he catches the faint sound of children chanting...

"the wicca's gonna get yer... the wicca's gonna freeze yer..."

"Zere wass a note?" enquires the strangely disembodied voice.

"Er yes, mistress," William replies, "an enquiry about our rooms..."

The iron latch snaps home, and the thick, black door resumes its impassive stare.

Last edited by bv6 on Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Feather
DM
DM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludmilla sits at her desk in her study with an air of satisfaction.

"Vilyum!"

He appears beside her. "Yes, madam?"

"Please take zis note to ze newspaper cancelling my advertisement for ze room. Mr. Villouby hass expressed interest in it so I do not need to run it any longer." She adds another line to the note. "And I am cancelling ze add for ze manservant. Ze agency hass insisted I giff you ze chance."

"Yes madam," William takes the note and turns away, hiding a smile.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: