Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Peculiar Message

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
flamecrow
DM
DM


Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Posts: 2704
Location: The Netherlands (GMT+1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: A Peculiar Message Reply with quote

A cloaked figure enters the Dancing Cat Inn. He calmly aprouches Mistress Trader Rose.
Mistress, you give refuge to a woman who goes by the name Enya Laanem this night, correct?

Mistress Trader Rose hesitates momentarilly before answering.
Indeed we do...

The man nods slightly speaking slowly, on a soothing tone
Might I enquire to which room she occupies? I am... an old friend

Mistress Trader Rose nods with a smile

She has the first room to your right, up the stairs and right

The man gives her a thankful nod and proceeds up the stairs. He pauzes in front of the room, taking a sealed letter from his sleeve. He bends down, slipping the letter under the door. He knocks on the door 3 times, a moment after the third knock he is gone.
_________________
I'll be here... Why?
I'll be waiting here... For what?
I'll be waiting here... for you... so...
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
AthenaMeter
DM
DM


Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Posts: 1732
Location: United States

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enya sits on the edge of the bed, a bottle of brandy wine half consumed on her bedside table. Having dulled the pain sufficiently, she had donned her lacy night gown and taken the clips from her hair and runs her comb though the long silken strands. Lost in thought, she is only vaguely aware of the footstep approaching down the hallway.

Knock, knock, knock

Startled look at the door. She reaches for her staff without thought and slinks her way to the door. Casts invisiblity and opens the door, the hall is empty. She closes the door softly, wondering how the staff came to be in her hand, then notes the slip of paper on the floor. Retrieves the letter glancing at the name it is addressed to.

softly to herself
Scarlet how do I know this name? Studies the paper and the letters, willing them to make sense. Shrugs and opens the note. A memory is triggerd as she reads it. She sees herself long ago, looking out over the sea the stars twinkling lights upon the surface of the water. She gets up quickly dresses and packs her few belongings.

Takes the note, holds it over the candle until the paper curls and a waft of smoke lifts into the air. Lets it burn in the basin and pinches out the candle, takes her pack and drifts out the door. She closes it swiftly behind her without a backward glance

As the door closes a breeze moves over the room and the fragile flame is extinguished. All is dark and quiet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
flamecrow
DM
DM


Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Posts: 2704
Location: The Netherlands (GMT+1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Following Day:

The Maid walks into the room, cleaning gear with her. She glances to the bed with a slight frown.
Seems the one who had this room cleaned up after herself, if I didn't know better I'd say the bed was unslept.

She chuckles at the idea alone.

The maid continues to clean the room and stumbles upon a letter in the basin. The lower part of it is burned making the sender's name unreadable.


The letter reads:

    --------------------------------
    Scarlet,

    We've been searching for you, you're not an easilly locatable lady. Then again, you never were.
    We have a boat to pick you up in Tharbad, the Nightinggale calls under the full moon. You would not want to miss her song, now would you?

    It's time for you to remember again.

    Sincerly,

    --------------------------------



The maid reads the letter, then shrugs. She finishes cleaning the room and delivers the letter to the bartender who places it with the 'lost belongings'.
_________________
I'll be here... Why?
I'll be waiting here... For what?
I'll be waiting here... for you... so...
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
AthenaMeter
DM
DM


Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Posts: 1732
Location: United States

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the cover of night Enya begins her journey towards Tharbad keeping to the shadows, under the spell of invisibility.

The full moon shines down upon the silhouette of a ship, she quietly stands on the dock looking over the ship gently rocking before her.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
flamecrow
DM
DM


Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Posts: 2704
Location: The Netherlands (GMT+1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cloaked figure stands on the ship, leaning against the mast of the ship. He stands in the shadow of the mast, slowly beckoning her to come aboard.

Slowly he begins to speak
Tis good to see you once again my dear, 'tis been quite the task to track you down these last years... Then again, I am glad 'twas, else I would have doubted if I was tracking the right lady.

a hint of a smile can be seen on his face
_________________
I'll be here... Why?
I'll be waiting here... For what?
I'll be waiting here... for you... so...
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
AthenaMeter
DM
DM


Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Posts: 1732
Location: United States

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her eyes take in the hooded figure, she reaches up and without hesitation pushes the hood back... her eyes sparkle with recognition. Smiles up at him. Speaking softly.

Well, It's about time.

Her soft laughter drifts out over the calm placid water
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
flamecrow
DM
DM


Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Posts: 2704
Location: The Netherlands (GMT+1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowly the man puts his hand on her shoulder.

Indeed, life was starting to get quite boring without you my dear.

a stiff chuckle follows


The ship sets sail as the first rays of sunlight hit the soft waves made by the ship. The sea almost as if on fire, a silhouette of a ship sailing towards it.
_________________
I'll be here... Why?
I'll be waiting here... For what?
I'll be waiting here... for you... so...
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group

Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson (http://www.eddingschronicles.com). Stone textures by Patty Herford.