Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Busy Day at the Museum

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feather
DM
DM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: A Busy Day at the Museum Reply with quote

Ludmilla bustles about her apartment packing clothes and consulting a handwritten list. Her late husband's business partner sips tea and tells her about the arrangements he's made.

"Edvard, you haf booked ze ship? Remember I am not made off money."

"Yes, not that Lyonset fellow either. You'll all get there safely."

"Captain Lyonset hass paid handsomely to haf ze waxwork made. Did you get ze special supplies I haf requested?"

"Yes, sketch pads, charcol pencils, a telescope, and some sort of concoction that makes you hard to see", shaking his head at Ludmilla's gullability but obedient to her wishes.

"It iss not possible to sketch ze animals from far away and some off them may attack if we get too close. Ze wax works must look lifelike."

"I found the water breathing helmets for sale in Bree. I don't see what kind of historical research you can do underwater"

"Ze ships are ass zey were ven zey sank. Vithout ze helms zey cannot be explored so I haf every expectation that ze treas *breaks off* ze historical artefacts vill still be at ze bottom off ze sea."
Feather
DM
DM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward sits and pens a letter to each of the successful applicants.

"Thank you for your interest in the scientific and historical endeavor's of the Wax Museum. Please remember that this is an expedition of scientific inquiry and that you will be representing the interests of the Museum. All artefacts and specimins found will become the property of the Museum. All members of the expedition who conduct themselves as scholars and ambassadors of the Museum will be handsomely rewarded. It is my sincere hope that no one's conduct will merit a visit from the Museum's solicitors.

Please arrive at the Museum's lower parlor in a timely manner as the expeditionary ship leaves on the first tide. Expedition members are expected to equip themselves with suitable clothes and camping gear. Underwater helms and sketch pads will be provided by the Museum."

Edward signs each one with a flourish and passes them on to his under-clerk to be delivered
Feather
DM
DM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward stands at the doorway of the Wax Musuem parlor as the research expedition wearily treks in.

"I hope you have found something for the Museum, or, at the very least some workable sketches"

Expedition member dig through their packs to turn over their sketch pads. Some full of sketches, some blank, and some with curious stick figures.

"Hmmmph, I'll pass these to Madame Ludmilla. If she can use them I'm sure she'll ask you to go on another expedition"

[Expedition members, please post a short description of your sketchbook here or any other ic observations]
Emaleth Donnelaith
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elly rummages through her bag, finding the four sketches that she was able to do and handing them over to a very skeptical Edward who raises his eyebrow as he takes his first glance at them.

"Well this one here is some slime that was on a bridge when we landed at the island." Elly points out the off-kilter square smudge that could be the slime that was there... if it had a face and a crooked smile.

"And this one was the bad water thing that almost drowneded Korto and Cillian and others! It was so scary so I drew it from far away!" Points to the curlycue waterspout drawn that looks like it is holding an elaborate stick.

"This one I am not sure what it was but someone was trying to give it some cherries to eat!" Elly giggles at remembering that scene as she shows Edward the lizard-looking stick figure holding it's hands in the air with jagged teeth in a very large frowning mouth.

"And this one is my favorite drawing!" Elly beams proudly showing him her stick-figure Pirate they had met who was dressed in a very elaborate and overly big hat with a huge feather drawn sticking out and gold sparkles on the boots with the words 'Yargh' scrawled in childish print written underneath it.

There is also a very nicely drawn chest near the pirate as well as a few sketches of some trees and rocks and what looks like a cave with eyes and water flowing from its nose.

'I hope Miss Ludmilla can use these!" Elly exclaims excitedly, "I had so much fun and I would really, really love to go on another big artifact hunt!'

Elly waves goodbye to Edward as she scampers out of the room and back out to the street.

Portraits
ogno
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korto pulls a disreputable looking piece of paper from his bag. He spends a monemt trying (in vain) to flatten it and trying (in vain) to get some of the odd stains to disappear.
" This here is a good likeness to a ghastly horror of great size and foulness we encountered. Rendered in chartruese wax I reckons it could be a highlight for this here er ... place."

He hands over a very simple line drawing that looks alot like a cube.
slink
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindy looked over her two drawings.

One was of the lizardman. Well, Ludmilla already had one of those. Besides which, the drawing was very messy because the lizardman had kept moving.

The other was of a treant. It was fairly neatly done, but it did really just look like a big tree. Probably much too large for the museum, even if there was any interest in it. She shrugged and handed that one over.

She pulled out the peg leg with the name inscribed on it. Captain Hiver. She wondered who he was, and how his peg leg had come to be inside a chest in a shipwreck.

"Here you go, Edward" she said "One peg leg of Captain Hiver."
Resonance
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smiling and bobbing his head somewhat nervously, Aethan handed over his drawings. None of them were great works of art, but they were passably recognizable, and they all had the odd stylistic quirk of having not much by way of long solid lines, instead being contoured or shaded by a great many small repeated strokes.

The first image was of a tree and a deer, though upon closer examination, eyes could be found on the tree watching the deer.

The second was of a horned Grey Slaad standing in a shallow stream. The corner of the page was badly torn.

The third was a page that had obviously gotten soaked, as it was wrinkled, stained, and stuck solidly to a fourth page. It depicted a pair of flowing, dripping figures with balls of energy streaming away from them.

On the back side of that, or rather on the back side of the page it was stuck to, was more of a doodle than a sketch, of seven people vaguely recognizeable by relative height and caricature of feature. Below the doodle was a gigantic smiley face.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: