Realms of Annakolia Forum Index Realms of Annakolia
A NeverWinter Nights CEP Role Play Server
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preparation for a Journey

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Feather
DM
DM


Joined: 12 Sep 2005
Posts: 1188
Location: Pacific NorthWet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Preparation for a Journey Reply with quote

Fetha dumps her pack on a Feisty Chicken corner table and starts sorting through it one more time.

"Sketchbook, healing remedies, I still have some of your elixir Thadeus," opens a bottle and gives a sniff, "Bark lotion sunscreen," replaces the stopper and continues to sort, "Dried food for Dog." She obviously has an internal checklist as she continues to itemize things.

"Dear," hesitantly from Thadeus, "Are you sure you need to do this? So close to the wedding? Another long journey?" *sighs a little*

"I must Thadeus. Imagine a cleric of Diana being party to the destruction and loss of rare beauty. I can't look any of the Shire folk in the eye, let alone be comfortable inviting them to the wedding. Why every flower I looked at would rememind me. No, I must do this. There's no better time than now."

"But so far dear," plaintively. "A hundred leagues, wasn't that what you said Azealea told you?"

"Oh, pooh. An exaggeration I am sure. The Shire folk are sweet but not scientific. A desert orchid would of course be in a desert. There's one just over the mountains outside of Annakol. Shouldn't take much more than a day or so."
_________________
"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." - G. K. Chesterton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Desert Orchids?" Star Fleetfoot mumbles while sipping her wine. "I am sure Shy said they grow in the Alisha sands. If anyone knows about plants... its her and her ma."

Star blinks as she realises she spoke aloud.
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bud E
Expert
Expert


Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting near by Roc thinks "Mmmmm flowers good eats."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bv6
Expert
Expert


Joined: 17 Mar 2006
Posts: 285
Location: London, UK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dark and slender figure leans back in her seat against an open window, enjoying the cool afternoon breeze.

Occasionally she glances over at the empty doorway.

She doesn't look like the sort who would take much interest in flowers -- but then business, as they say, has been slow. . .
_________________
...if you have any poo...fling it now...

MADAGASCAR featuring Ben Stiller and some Penguins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jaahkh'yll
Expert
Expert


Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 340
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for the Lady Cynara, Cyril sticks his head inside the Chicken.

"That's that very kind gnome I met when the monk...." he stops his thoughts before they continue to the place he knows he doesn't want to visit. His mind starts drifting to thoughts of his Quilwa...

The trained elven ears hear Roc babbling about eating flowers, and Cyril thinks "Odd... but at least easy to understand," and frowns slightly.

Beneath the noise of the tavern, he hears the familiar voice, then sees, Star, and wonders what flowers have to do with the halfling's search for her brother.

He scans the other corner of the room. His face... sags. The annoying woman who finds his livery so amusing. He ducks behind the door frame before she sees him and tries to give him more advice that he has already learned from his goddess.

For the very first time, Cyril finds himself wishing the gods would get bored and start falling on him again. He wouldn't even mind if Corellon turned him into a penguin again.

"I miss hunting with my Dragon," he mumbles to himself. "I wonder where she is now."

He leaves to continue searching for the Lady Foxmanor. He needed something to do keep the muddled thoughts of mind from surfacing and making a nuisance of themselves.
_________________
Hey. Why are you guys still alive. Oh that's right. Its only Tuesday.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feather
DM
DM


Joined: 12 Sep 2005
Posts: 1188
Location: Pacific NorthWet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fetha hears the halfling sipping wine mention Desert Orchids.

She hurries over. "You know where they are? Desert orchids I mean? I really need to find one. Alisha sands?" her face falls, "That's an island isn't it?" *thinks of the reliability of ship travel then brightens* "Thadeus, you could come with me!"
_________________
"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." - G. K. Chesterton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*startled at the sudden hasty approach from the stocky halfling, unaware she is in actuality a dwarf, or maybe a gnome.... or a short human*

"I don't know the exact places they grow. I just remember Shy Gardener saying something about rare plants. She knows a lot about plants and flowers and trees and stuff."

*pauses and thinks*

*holds out a collection box*
"Care to donate to the 'Findin' Sandy Fund?"
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bv6
Expert
Expert


Joined: 17 Mar 2006
Posts: 285
Location: London, UK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the slender young woman watches the door, waiting for her future employers to pass through, a sudden flash of sunlight dazzles her sensitive eyes.

For a brief moment an illusory image of swirling colours burns on her retina.
She puzzles over where she's seen them before.

She sinks slightly further into her seat, shading her eyes with a quick tug of her hood, and reaches for her stein.

Empty. She sighs and focuses on the barmaid's slow and circuitous dance through the room. She supposes that somehow she must attract the maid's attention . . .
_________________
...if you have any poo...fling it now...

MADAGASCAR featuring Ben Stiller and some Penguins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
RoAnnon
DM
DM


Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Posts: 1630
Location: Houston, Texas (yeehaw)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A young halfling maid steps into the tavern, dodging past an elf in a colorful tunic as he hastily leaves the doorway. Having finally completed her training at Lady Sidonia's school, she figures she needs to celebrate. As she looks around the interior she takes note of the occupants.

Another halfling, one she doesn't know.

A big guy in armor muttering to himself, that she doesn't know.

A gnome.. wait a minute. She rocognizes this one. But from where?

She frowns in thought as she makes her way to the bar and orders an ale from Lino.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bud E
Expert
Expert


Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*roc sits in the corner trying to get at some itch in his ear with the tip of a broken arrow*

*thinks hungry*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Posts: 4576

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*the blonde halfling with the collection box starts singing*

"I love him. He loves me. We're as happy as can be.....
With a plate of salad and some buttered scones for tea,
I love him and he loves me."

*shakes the collection box*

*starts singing a different 'hymn'*

"Sometimes you walk by the good buns because you're trying too hard, too hard to find them.
And sometimes you dont find the right wines 'cos you're trying too hard, too hard to see them.
But you know what they taste like 'cos you're like me... and you won't give up.
Until an all time breakfast, 'cos nothing else is good enough.
I want an all time breakfast to fill me. Ohoh."
_________________
-----------------------------------------
Time flys like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-----------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bud E
Expert
Expert


Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*roc starts to drool at all the singing of food*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoAnnon
DM
DM


Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Posts: 1630
Location: Houston, Texas (yeehaw)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On her way to her table with a fresh ale, Meriam swings by the blonde singer's table and drops a coin in the collection box. With an appreciative smile for the quality of the song, she moves on and sits where she can see most of the tavern at once.

She does frown as she's setting, realizing at the last moment that the table she was originally heading for is occupied by some woman in a hood.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feather
DM
DM


Joined: 12 Sep 2005
Posts: 1188
Location: Pacific NorthWet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fetha watches the halfling drop a coin in the box as she passes and drops a coin in herself. She bustles over to her table.

"Thadeus dear, why don't you come with me," she says happily. "A nice sea voyage with get you away from the laboratory fumes for a few days."

"Ah, well, I'm sure, er," weakly, "I don't find shipboard food agrees with me dear."
_________________
"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." - G. K. Chesterton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Bud E
Expert
Expert


Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*roc watches Fetha busy about her work and thinks roc like little people... roc protect them...* *he still hasn't gotten that itch*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alcor
Player
Player


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 6219
Location: Welcome to the Nightmare...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My word Lino ....

*looks about the inn*

Yo do attract the oddest, strangest, quite the wierdest clientele!

_________________
-:Alcor:-
"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"
Amy Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Realms of Annakolia Forum Index -> Tavern Buzz All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group

Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson (http://www.eddingschronicles.com). Stone textures by Patty Herford.